Part 8

Lila groaned softly as she exited the car. It was early in the morning - much earlier than Lila was used to, but today was the day that Lila had looked forward to the most. They were at the amusement park, and the family had wanted to start early so that there was enough time to go on all the rides. The young girl, annoyed at having been woken up so early, was a little cranky.

But her grumpiness didn't last long, because walking through the turnstiles and seeing all the rides had immediately put the girl into a wondrous mood. She now had her face buried in the location map, planning which rides she wanted to go on. But before the rides, there was something else that needed settling first.

"Diaper change first, Lila." said Mom as she grabbed a hold onto Lila's arm before she could run off, and led her towards the restrooms. The family had wanted to arrive early to avoid the queues at the ticketing counter, so they left first thing in the morning after grabbing some sandwiches from the breakfast buffet at the hotel. But this meant that Mom didn't have the time to change Lila yet, and so the girl was still in the diaper that she wore to bed last night - which was now, of course, very wet.

Thankfully, the park had just opened for the day and there weren't too many people around yet, which meant that the restrooms were still relatively clean. The new diaper had performed admirably, absorbing everything without a leak, but Lila had been wet for quite a long while now and Mom was starting to worry about her skin getting irritated. Knowing that changes today would be few and far between, Mom applied some barrier cream, just in case.

Back outside, the ride closest to them was the bumper cars, and Lila - now in a fresh diaper - excitedly went over, joining the queue, her parents behind struggling to keep up with the girl's pace.

***

The morning went by in a flash - following Lila, the family had gone on ride after ride, with hardly any time for rest. But eventually the parents couldn't match Lila's energy, and so they took a short break. After all, they did need to use the toilets - even if Lila didn't. And so they went, with Lila waiting outside, looking after their bags.

Mom came back first, because the gents was further away from where they were. Since there was a little bit of downtime while waiting for Dad, she thought she'd better check on the condition of Lila's diaper.

"How's your diaper, dear?" asked Mom.

Lila knew that she had wet several times over the past few hours, but she didn't feel too wet yet. These newer diapers were thicker for good reason, and the girl was confident she'd be okay for quite a while more.

"It's only a little wet, Mom." replied Lila.

Mom wanted to trust the girl, but after that leak in the aquarium the other day, she thought her daughter was perhaps not that great at gauging the state of her diapers - and she didn't want to take any chances this time. Glancing around to ensure that no one was looking their way, Mom quickly gave the girl's padded bum a quick pat. Her hand was met with a light poof rather than a squish, which told her that Lila was right - she was relatively dry... for now.

Lila blushed a little at being checked, especially since she had already told Mom that her diaper was okay. But she too knew that the checks were better left to Mom.

Oh well, it's not like anyone cares, she convinced herself. And even if they did, a pat on the bum is far less embarrassing than a leaky diaper.

***

The next ride that Lila set her sights on was the ferris wheel. Mom and Dad weren't too keen on getting crammed inside a warm, stuffy chamber for half an hour, but the young girl insisted, so they relented and let her go on her own while the two of them left to find a place for lunch.