𝐎𝐍𝐄 ∘ 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥

chapter i
( pre-captain america: the winter soldier )

hold   your   breath   and   count   to four
pinky   swears   don't   work   no   more
footsteps   down   the   hallway   floor
getting   closer   to  my   door
devil in a midnight mass ⎯⎯⎯ billy talent

hold   your   breath   and   count   to fourpinky   swears   don't   work   no   morefootsteps   down   the   hallway   floorgetting   closer   to  my   doordevil in a midnight mass ⎯⎯⎯ billy talent

the red room
2012
( everlee's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNING
anxiety

''Quick lay down everybody, she's coming!''

That was the last thing we were prepared to hear. The sound of her footsteps could easily be heard now. And quickly everyone hides under their blankets. I lay on my side, my face away from the door. I had eye contact with the 7-year-old who had called out for hiding. She looked terrified. I would be too. A tear slipped down her face. Neither of us knew why she was coming in here so late at night, but something must be going on.

The door burst open with her in the doorway, even though I couldn't see her, I already knew the look she had on her face. Gosh, I hated her. She treats every single one of us in here like shit. But we couldn't do anything about it. This is how it was here.

''Who said that?'' Her voice sounded. The girl silently whimpered, but I could still hear her.
''Tell me who said that, or there will be consequences for every single one of you ''
I kept my eyes on the girl, her face told everything, she was going to confess. Either that or someone would tell. That's what would happen here. The person who did it got the punishment, or the whole room got it. I don't know if it was like that in the other rooms. I don't even know what treatment they got there. But I bet it's better than here.

''I said it'' I quickly sat up from my bed before the girl could say anything. I looked down at her, a small smile on the corner of my mouth, signalizing that she was okay. I looked at her. Her face was a mix between disappointment and anger. She snapped twice with her fingers, allowing 2 men in uniforms to walk into our room. They walked closer to me, I didn't dare move, they didn't have the right to take me back there.