𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ∘ 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐜

chapter viii.
(captain america: the winter soldier)

you  can't  stop  what  has  begun
signed  sealed  they  deliver  oblivion
we  all  have  a  dark  side  to  say  the  least
and  dealing  in  death  is  the  nature  of  the  beast
the dogs of war ⎯⎯⎯ pink floyd

you  can't  stop  what  has  begunsigned  sealed  they  deliver  oblivionwe  all  have  a  dark  side  to  say  the  leastand  dealing  in  death  is  the  nature  of  the  beastthe dogs of war ⎯⎯⎯ pink floyd

washington d.c.
2014
(everlee's point of view)

TRIGGER WARNINGS
anxiety, abuse, blood

 I heard Rumlow's voice explaining the mission, but knowing Steves overprotectiveness, I knew that I wasn't going to do anything big on this mission. It wouldn't even surprise me, if I wasn't allowed to leave the jet.

''So it's not off-course. It's trespassing'' I heard Steves voice interrupt my thoughts, bringing me back to the real life, having to get ready for my second mission with Steve. And Natasha.

''I'm sure they have a good reason'' Natasha said, looking up at Steve with her hand under her chin, smiling at him.

''You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor.'' Steve said rather annoyed, not getting the joke Natasha was trying to pull up with all of this tension. That's what I hated about these kind of missions. Or just missions in general. Everyone always seemed so mad, and there was no fun in this. So why were they doing this as their job?

''Relax. It's not that complicated'' She said also annoyed to him, which made me roll my eyes at them both. Luckily Steve couldn't see my face.

''How many pirates?'' He asked Rumlow, obviously trying to avoid an argument with Natasha.

''25. Top mercs led by this guy.'' Rumlow responded, showing a man on his screen.

''George Batroc?'' I asked, recognizing that face, this made Steve look down to me, as he gave me a funny look. His eyebrows scrunched together with a questioning look on his face.

''He's an ex-DGSE, Action Division.'' Rumlow said, trying to get Steves attention onto him again.

''You know him?'' Steve asked me with the same face, focusing onto me, forgetting all about Rumlow in the moment.