𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ∘ 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

chapter v.
(pre-captain america: the winter soldier)

you  spend  all  your  time  waiting
for  that  second  chance
for  a  break  that  would  make  it  okay
there's  always  some  reason
to  feel  not  good  enough
and  it's  hard  at  the  end  of  the  day
angel ⎯⎯⎯ sarah mclachlan

you  spend  all  your  time  waitingfor  that  second  chancefor  a  break  that  would  make  it  okaythere's  always  some  reasonto  feel  not  good  enoughand  it's  hard  at  the  end  of  the  dayangel ⎯⎯⎯ sarah mclachlan

new york city
2013
(everlee's point of view)

TRIGGER WARNINGS
anxiety, abuse

Dinner was becoming more casual as the days passed by. I started talking more to them all. Except for Natasha. And I kind of had accepted that. If she didn't want anything to do with me, I didn't want anything to do with her.

Tonight, was no difference..

''Oh, I almost forgot Lee'' Tony started, his mouth still full of food, him earning a quick hit at his arm from Pepper, her giving him a playful smile.
''You'll be all alone again at the tower tomorrow..'' His eyes sending me a pitiful look.

''Tony!'' Pepper sent him a hit again. He hummed a loud 'what?' at her. Her eyes looking at me now again.
''Bruce will be here all day,'' She told me with a big smile.
''So, she won't be all alone.'' Her eyes finding Tony again, giving him a scolding look.

''He'll just be down at the lab the entire day,'' Tony started, picking up a piece of meat with his fork.
''You won't even notice him..'' He said as he put the meat into his mouth, he looked up at me again, giving me little wink, making me giggle to myself.
I then saw the small smirk he had on his lips, a typical Tony Stark face.

''Honey, I'll come around dinner time and we can have a girls night.'' She said as she took a piece of tomato into her mouth, giving me a small smile. 

They all quickly began with new conversations. Mostly Clint and Natasha talking, sometimes Steve would join in. Tony would playfully pick on Pepper, and Bruce would join in a bit on every conversation.

I would usually be a part of their conversations, whether the topic was about missions or just personal business. But I had a weird feeling today. The last couple of days had been amazing. I had no nightmares; I would spend a lot of time with Tony and Steve.