𝐓𝐖𝐎 ∘ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫

chapter ii.
( pre-captain america: the winter soldier )

new  york,  i   love   you
but  you're  freaking  me  out
there's  a  ton  of  the  twist
but    we're  fresh  out   of   shout
like  a  death  in  the  hall
that  you  hear  through  your  wall
new york, i love you, but you're bringing me down ⎯⎯⎯ lcd soundsystem

new  york,  i   love   youbut  you're  freaking  me  outthere's  a  ton  of  the  twistbut    we're  fresh  out   of   shoutlike  a  death  in  the  hallthat  you  hear  through  your  wallnew york, i love you, but you're bringing me down ⎯⎯⎯ lcd ...

new york city
2013
( everlee's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNINGS
anxiety, abuse

A wave of confusion overpowered me. I saw a bit of red in the corner of my eye, and I felt like sneezing. I eventually began to look around me. My surroundings. They were different. This was outside. It's been a long time since I've been outside, in the fresh air. A feeling of relieved came over me.

''Why are these buildings so tall?'' There were loads of them. I felt so small compared to them. Where was I? I think I've seen this place before, but I can't remember why. Yelena took my arm, and pulled me into an alley.

''What do you remember?'' Yelena's voice filtered my head. It was nice to hear her voice. A voice of comfort. What do I remember?

''Nothing'' It was true. I didn't anything. The last thing I remember is me, standing in this big office-kinda room. With Yelena I think? And Sarah. Where was Sarah? Why am I here?

''Oh god'' Her voice sounded anxious, or relieved. I don't know. I couldn't think clear. My head was spinning and I wanted to lay down.
''Lee. listen to me. Our mission is to get into that building and gather information on the 'mandarin', okay?'' Her voice was faint now. It didn't sound like her. Yelena was always confident and knew what to do. She seemed like the opposite right now.

''Okay?'' The word wasn't above a whisper. I was nervous too, and i didn't even know why. I was just nervous. Did we escape?

''But you're gonna go into that building, get to the top floors without getting seen, and then get caught.''

''Get caught?'' She nodded. She seemed more confident now. But why? And why did she want me to get caught?
''No! I'll get killed.''

''He won't kill you'' There was a pause, like she wanted to say some more. But she held back.