𝐒𝐈𝐗 ∘ 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

chapter vi.
(pre-captain america: the winter soldier)

and  i've  been  praying
i  never  did  before
understand  i'm  talking  to  the  walls
i've  been  praying  ever  since  new  york
ever since new york ⎯⎯⎯ harry styles

and  i've  been  prayingi  never  did  beforeunderstand  i'm  talking  to  the  wallsi've  been  praying  ever  since  new  yorkever since new york ⎯⎯⎯ harry styles

new york city
2013
(everlee's point of view)

TRIGGER WARNINGS
angst, abuse, blood

It never crossed my mind how bad of a cook Steve actually is. He would help me most days making breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But he obviously couldn't cook.

''Steve?'' Natasha spook up. She sat opposite of me, but again never sparred me look.

''Natasha.'' He said jokingly, which made her give him a small side smirk.

''What is this?'' She giggled as she kept chewing on the meat. I think that was the first time I've ever really heard her giggle. Natasha had a nice voice, and so a nice laugh. It's sad how serious she was all of the time.
The laughing kept going around the table. Everyone thought the same thing, this tasted like crap.

''Okay enough guys. I know it's not the best meal I've made.'' Steve said, laughing himself a bit as he put his fork down.

''No, it is the best'' I said giving him a nod as the others kept laughing. These were the kind of moments I've always dreamed of.

''Hey Eve. I thought you were on my side here.'' He said as he put his hand on his chest, showing he was hurt. But he then gave me a smile and a wink, which I smiled back at.

Then there was a comfortable silence, as everyone kept eating the dinner. We would all make some small talk with each other, and soon it was loud at the table again.

''Steve, do you know when Fury wants us in Washington?'' Natasha asked Steve, as she pointed her fork at him, everyone's attention falling onto Steve.

''After Christmas I think, he didn't really specify it...'' Steve answered with a smile at Natasha. He was going to leave. I didn't know that.

''Sounds exciting. Is it something important or?'' Pepper joined in, asking curiously Steve as he took a tomato into her mouth.

''Not really. Probably just some small missions,'' Steve looked over at Natasha for approval, which he got by her nodding her head at him.