𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ∘ 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭

chapter iv.
(pre-captain america: the winter soldier)

staring  at   the  ceiling  in  the  dark
same  old  empty  feeling  in your  heart
'cause  love  comes  slow  and  it  goes  so  fast
well  you  see  her  when  you  fall  asleep
but  never  to  touch  and  never  to  keep
'cause  you  loved  her  too  much  and  you  dived  too  deep
let her go ⎯⎯⎯ passenger

staring  at   the  ceiling  in  the  darksame  old  empty  feeling  in   your  heart'cause  love  comes  slow  and  it  goes  so  fastwell  you  see  her  when  you  fall  asleepbut  never  to  touch  and  never  to  keep'cause  you  loved  her  t...

new york city
2013
(everlee's point of view)

TRIGGER WARNINGS
anxiety, trauma, blood

The sweat dribbled down my forehead. My second night with nightmares, that just wanted to keep me up. I turned my head over, looking at the clock. 5:52 it read. I wasn't going to get any sleep. I took duvet off my body, hoping the temperature on my me would go down. My mind flowing with thoughts. I had already stayed her for 1 night, and everything seemed a bit awkward. Especially with Tony.

I got out of my bed, a little light coming from the sides of the curtains. I walked over to the windows, pushing some of the curtain to the right, so I could take a small glimpse of the outside.

In a weird way you felt small compared to everything on the ground. Everyone always says they feel big and important, but I fell small. Not necessarily in a bad way, it was an amusing feeling.

I turned around, looking around at the room. It was boring. White walls, white desk, white everything. It had no personality. Feeling suffocated being in here, I decided to go out in the hallway.

I closed the door carefully, not wanting to wake anyone up. Not wanting to bother anyone. I had felt that a lot these 2 days. I was scared that they would regret their decision, so I mostly stayed in my room. Not even coming down for dinner, not having eaten at all. I was scared I was gonna intrude here, even though I was told that I actually do live here. I walked for a bit, just looking around everywhere, thinking a lot. Just this floor was so big, I even had trouble just finding the kitchen.

I decided to walk back to my room, maybe I could try to sleep again, knowing I had a meeting with Fury today, and I did not want to look like I was dead.

Reaching the hallway with everyones rooms, I noticed light coming from under the door, at Steves room.
Even when I hadn't left my room, he still came to talk to me. He tried connecting with me.
But everyone was so new, and I hadn't known what to say or do.