𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ∘ 𝐫𝐮𝐧

chapter vii.
(captain america: the winter soldier)

i  lie  awake  at  night
listening  to  you  sleeping
i  hear  the  darkness  breathe
and  the rain  against  the  window
waiting to happen ⎯⎯⎯  marillion

i  lie  awake  at  nightlistening  to  you  sleepingi  hear  the  darkness  breatheand  the rain  against  the  windowwaiting to happen ⎯⎯⎯  marillion

washington d.c.
2014
(everlee's point of view)

TRIGGER WARNINGS
anxiety, abuse

''Have fun, okay?'' I heard from behind me. I turned around, to be met with Tony's glowing eyes as he held my bag in his hand.

''How much fun can I have with grandpa over there?'' I joked as I pointed in the cars direction, and a dissaproving sound came from the other side, as Steve was loading it. 

''I'm serious. I'll miss you'' Tony said as he walked up to me, and gave me a big hug. I hugged him back tightly, not wanting to let go. Tony had become my rock, there hadn't been a day where I hadn't been around him. So leaving him was going to be hard.

''Alright. All set, ready to leave?'' Steve walked out direction as he clapped his hands together.

''Yeah,'' I said smiling at him and looking back at Tony.
''I'll see you.'' Tony gave me a big smile which I returned back to him.

I walked over to the car, gave a quick wave to Tony before I got into the car. And before I could even close the door, Steve came over to do it for me. What a true gentleman.

As we drove away, I could see Tony getting smaller and smaller, not moving an inch from where he stood.
I looked to the clock in the car, seeing it was around 10 pm. It was quite late, and it would take around 4 hours to get to Steve's appartment in D.C.

''You tired?'' I heard Steve to my left, I looked in his direction as his eyes was kept on the road, and only one hand on the steering wheel.

''I guess.'' I said lifting my shoulders, even though he didn't look at me.

There was a big moment of silence. None of us said anything. Tony had come up with this idea a couple of months ago, and I didn't know what to expect from this 'trip'. After christmas Steve got his apartment and moved to D.C. for a bit, so it's been some time since I've last seen him.