𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ∘ 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

chapter iii.
( pre-captain america: the winter soldier )

these  lies  i  feed  myself
me  and  my  selfish  appetite
i  did  not  need  your  help
now  it's  just  me,  myself,  and  i
me myself and i ⎯⎯⎯  5 seconds of summer

these  lies  i  feed  myselfme  and  my  selfish  appetitei  did  not  need  your  helpnow  it's  just  me,  myself,  and  ime myself and i ⎯⎯⎯  5 seconds of summer

new york city
2013
( everlee's point of view )

TRIGGER WARNING
injuries

Accessing a building through vents isn't necessarily hard, but it's just been years since last time I did it. I always thought it was disgusting. No one ever cleaned there, that's why I always avoided them. I didn't like the small space in them either. I felt like I was trapped. But sometimes you have to face what you you fear.

And that's is exactly what I had to do.

But these actually weren't so bad. It wasn't all dusty and nasty up here, as I remember every other vent I'd been in. I get that the building looked fancy, but who would clean the vents?

Crawling around still wasn't fun though. My thigh still hurt, even though Yelena and I had kind of stitched it together, it wasn't done professionally, and I was honestly scared that it would get an infection. And I still felt creeped out up here. It was until I finally found a way down. From what it looked like, it was quite nice. The floor looked clean.

I decided to take the chance, I carefully took the vent grate, not wanting to make a sound to startled someone, lifted it beside me. 

My nerves starting to get to me. I didn't know who could be dow there, but I had to take the chance. I breathed in, closed my eyes, hoping that everything would get better.

I hopped down, landing on my feet with my hands supporting.

The first look I took, I could see a big window. The wall was a window. It was beautiful. I walked closer, wanting so see every tiny bit of New York.

Until I heard a cough.

''So..'' I turned around, getting eye contact with this dark brown haired man. He looked annoyed.
''You really thought you could sneak into THE iron mans tower, without getting caught?'' 
And before I could even comprehend the question, another person came into the room.
He had dark blonde hair, and a donut in his hand.