A Devil or An Angel?

Witnessing someone you crave up close but denying yourself from enjoying it was complete, unbearable torture. Prince Min Ho scolded himself repeatedly that night, his whole being felt blazing from desire. He shouldn't look at Lady Go Eun's body like that, knowing he should wait for another week to have her underneath him. He had tried drowning himself in reading more crime reports of the Park clan. The letters blurred and all he could see was her again, shimmering with water and so fair in front of him. He tried walking around the garden, but all he ended up doing was staring to the direction of her pavilion. He told himself to eat, sitting in front of a table full of delicacies in his room. Everything tasted bland on his tongue.

Really. Why should I bother with promises? She's legally my wife and I could just come to her room and take her now.

He remembered her defiant expression and had to inhale.

Several more days. I can bear this.

He tried to concentrate reading reports of the management of his estates, farms, and crops afterwards.

It was useless. His mind kept on coming back to the vision of his untouched wife in the bathtub full with scented water.

If this goes on, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything.

"Yeong-ah."

"Ne, My Lord."

"Get me a courtesan right now. Bring the prettiest you can find."

Jo Yeong had wondered when the order will come out and he bowed low, leaving immediately to carry out the order.

****************************************

Jo Yeong came back quite early, a slim girl following behind him.

Left alone with the courtesan, Min Ho wasted no time in talking and just undressed the girl quickly. She made no sound at all as he unknotted ties, opening buttons, and shoving fabrics to the floor.

He pulled the body close, pressing her on him, was going to take her to his bed, and then he looked into her face.

His conscience cringed in disgust and he pushed the courtesan away like she had a plague.

He was breathing exceptionally hard, it's true.

But it was not with desire. It was with anger and frustration.

He was standing in front of naked girl. A willing girl, to be clearer.

Yet he felt nausea at seeing this girl in front of him.

The courtesan was standing silently in front of him. It must be the dream of everyone like her to serve a prince. The brother of the emperor, no less. She was already there, and though the prince suddenly behaved strangely, she definitely would try.

So she walked closer to him, begging to be touched, begging to be used.

Just take her and relieve yourself! What else are you waiting for?

It was the second time he saw a naked girl that day.

And the second definitely could not compare with the firstwa

Trying to find a substitute was foolish.

"Put on your clothes and leave my palace instantly."

"May I—"

"No."

He left to his cabinet and took some gold, enough for the courtesan to live handsomely for months. He gave it to her opened palm and called Jo Yeong.