Behind His Mask

You can be so overwhelmed with emotion that you had to let it out.

Go Eun spent the rest of the day playing her gayageum. Sitting like that picking the strings, humming the tunes from time to time, eyes looking out the window to something beyond.

Sung Kyung thought the music sounded emotional, conflicted, and restless. It was as if she was creating many colorful waves, crashing and drowning each other sound.

Go Eun's fingers seemed to move out of her mind's control. Still it made beautiful sounds.

Spending one night with Prince Min Ho was.......

Was.......

Was.......

She couldn't find the words to describe her feelings.

Alone in her thoughts, where no one would know, she admitted that she had a.........

Beautiful night.

She thought it would be humiliating, insulting, and painful.

But it was not.

It was ultimately...........satisfying and.........made her felt closer to him.

She felt she had changed. Something was not the same.

It was as if the prince had taken something from her, and in turn, made her carry a piece of him with her.

If she closed her eyes, she heard his voice calling out her name passionately, she saw the look on his face while he moved within her before he came down to kiss her again, she felt again how his hands possessively touched her.

Her whole being was full with him.

She found her heart screaming to see him again.

It was terrifying.

She had thought she just needed to calm down, but the feelings would not stop.

What is he doing right now?

Where is he?

Who is he with?

...............Is he thinking about me too, as much as I am thinking about him?

"Princess Kim?"

Her fingers stopped playing abruptly, making an ugly sound that hurt their ears.

"Ne?" she asked, sounding disoriented.

"Aren't you going to sleep? You must meet the emperor tomorrow."

".......you're right," she said, getting up and heading to bed.

She felt exhausted.

More from emotion than from fatigue, honestly.

***********************************

Trying to concentrate that day was a gruesome battle. All he could think of was about his beautiful wife in bed, murmuring within their kisses, holding him tight, calling out "Yeobo."

The world seemed clearer that day, easier to breathe in, less dirty to live in.

He felt...........enchanted.

He had never slept with a woman the whole night after intimately taking advantage of her.

He had never held someone so tight and fell asleep looking at her face, listening to her breathing.

He often didn't even bother to know the name of the woman he slept with, no matter how pretty she would look.

Bedroom activities must be forgotten after you're done. Or so he thought.