Finally, help came

Y/N p.o.v

   You slowly drifted onto shore, now awake and exhausted, gasping for the air that was finally around you. With a closer inspection, your thighs, and shoulder had begun to bleed from the bite marks the creature had left. Even with the attempt to stand, it feels painful. You wondered what that beast had done, you felt concern and anger towards it for not only making you nude and in miserable pain, but that you're still stuck on the island that you've woken up from. Being reminded that you had no clothes on by the cold air rushing against it, your eyes wandered, wishing that even with a glimpse, your clothes had come back to shore. However with your luck, only your coat, underwear, and a single boot came to shore, the rest still lost at sea.

   With an exhausted huff, you slowly made your way to the remaining clothes, pain had kicked in more than before, it felt like you were being stabbed in the abdomen. You slowly looked down, noticing an odd liquid slowly coming out of you. In complete hope and forcing your mind to believe it, it was just water. Not the best of things to be inside of you, but it's better than the alternative.. You continued to drag yourself to the clothes, putting on what was findable. Looking out to the sea, there was nothing but a Golden tail. Assuming it was a hallucination, you began to walk into the trees and bushes to think of what is happening with your life.
   You were always called crazy when even bringing up that you had seen a mermaid, but now? You'd be living here from everyone's fear after you say that you've seen and befriended a mermaid, then survived an supposed attack from another. You held your head in frustration, letting out a groan from everything. Slowly you hoped to leave this cursed island, this was beginning to be too much for you. Everything stopped once you had heard someone call your name.
   You stood up and looked around before seeing Sun, slowly walking towards him in hopes they wouldn't point out the limping you had. "Hi friend! How was your night? Why do you have bite marks on your lags?" He asks, leaning forward to get a better view. You sat down in front of him, wincing from the jolt of pain going through your nerves. "It's..legs sun, not lags.." you say, trying to dodge the question about your legs until you make up an excuse, unsure if it's rude to say that a mermaid shark 'attacked' you.
   "Hmmm, it still sounds a lot like lags! But i'll try saying it like you...liiggs...lags.. no wait the other one was closer! Ligs!" Soon Sun began to mutter to himself while spinning around in the water, trying to say legs correctly. You began to chuckle from him trying so hard for something so minor, was he like this for everything? He paused before bouncing up from the water "ligs! It's ligs! Right? Oh i hope i'm right!" He stares at you, hoping that you'd say he was correct. You couldn't help but nod, enjoying seeing their happy smile form on their face, now that you think about it...has he ever frowned in front of you? Or even had just another reaction besides happiness? He threw you out of your own head after throwing their arms up and falling backwards into the water "yes! Yesyesyes! I did it! Finally! I've been spending all night trying to say ligs, I tried finding my friend Moon to help but he was gone..maybe looking for more shrimp!" Your head tilted, Moon? He's never brought up someone named Moon, maybe it's another per- "that reminds me! I've never told you about Moon! He's a mermaid just like me! Except he's a shark one" 'oh, well, hopes lost aga...did he just say shark?' You thought before leaning towards him "Sun...what does he look like?" You asked, hoping it wasn't the same one who had attacked you.
   He began to give a description..all matching to the same shark mermaid you saw, even having the same lantern, however instead of saying it's used to lure people in, it's used for his bad eyesight. "Oh...he seems really nice Sun.." you state, trying to make it seem that you hadn't even seen a glimpse of him. "I know! Me and him are best friends!, we usually eat shrimp together, it's our favorite..at least I think thats his favorite as well, I should ask him his favorite!" He was about to enter the water once again before turning to you "I'll be right back! Dont move anywhere!" He says before disappearing into the sea infront of you... and there you were..alone yet again. But, it felt nice this time..

   Minutes or hours passed, by this point you lost track, no longer looking at the sun in the sky to find out what time it is. At this point you had three pages of your notebook filled with drawings and information of the two mermaids you've come in contact with. With a sigh coming out, you laid on the shore.
Your eyes began to shut, tiredness and dread of the next days filled your mind. It felt like an eternity before you had fallen asleep, but now it was comfortable, the sand felt like a pillow, your wet clothes becoming more dry by the second.

   When you woke up, there was wood, a bed, and a lantern next to you. Looking at yourself, you had clothes on, "was it..a dream..? Oh thank the seas.." you laughed before the same pain hit you, it stopped your laughing entirely, checking your neck, there was bandages...'.dammit. it was real..wait, how long have I been asleep to be rescued, more importantly, who rescued me?' You stood up, looking around before noticing that it was your ship. Standing up felt a bit nicer than originally.
   You tried taking a step, stumbling before looking out through a window, only seeing the water "still at the sea..." you mutter before walking out. Once you opened the door, you saw your crew, being as happy as ever. "Ahoy captin'! How was yer rest?" One asked, looking at you in hopes that you were still in good shape. "It was as good as you'd hoped..'' you state, stretching from still feeling as sluggish as you did when you were asleep.

   "Good! We were worried when we saw you asleep on that sand, we had thought you've been eaten!" 'Eaten..I wouldn't say that's exactly what happened on that day...'

[1,118 words]

An Eclipse for a Pirate On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara