Back home at last

Y/N p.o.v

   You shook your head in hopes to keep your mind at bay while speaking with one of the crewmates on the ship, in correction, Your ship. At least you hoped it was your ship and they hadn't accidentally stolen another one. At least that you and the crew called it when you had to take a ship to call your own.
   It wasn't in your best interest to steal a ship, however sometimes when you're a pirate, you'll have to do what's best for the people you hold close, that's what the previous captain always said to you at least. "Tis' reminds me capin', how the bloody hell did you get on that island? Let alone in a few weeks!" 'Few....weeks?' You couldn't believe what your ears had heard, "i was only gone for a few days at most..what are ye talking about?" You ask, worried that he was right, and you had been gone for so long. In reality it would make more sense to take weeks to find you due to them searching for you when there was no trace left. Even the luck of a rabbit, magically finding the captain on the second day on an island you've never gone too, It would be nearly impossible. But it brought up a question; how long have you been asleep? You looked at yourself, trying to find a trace of how long you've been asleep, but you've been down on your luck lately, finding nothing other than your notebook, it no longer being accompanied by the writing utensil it had before you fell asleep.
   You sighed, the crewmate went towards you, patting your aching back in a way to help comfort you "maybe ya need to go back to sleep, or relax for a bit...I can tell you're exhausted.." They looked at the rest of the crew, who had been listening while working. Your head nodded before entering the room, going to the desk and sitting in the chair that rested on the other side of it. You pulled the notebook out, flipping to the next page that was next to Sun's. Searching through the drawers of the hardwood desk, you found another writing utensil, using it to begin drawing of the one Sun called Moon.

   With the details you added to the page of their body, every scar, the different colors he had, the bright red eyes, the teeth, tongue, hat, and even the lantern he used to bring you closer to them. Drawing all of this, you've lost yourself in your own mind, remembering every part of him, how the moonlit sky had hit their body, the place he had taken you, everything you could remember, it was on that page. When you looked at Sun's page, it came to the realization that you had no real idea of how they live, or what they do.
   Somehow the person you've met only once, you seemed to have known everything about. And yet, the person who had kept you company during the day? You had little to no idea who they really were. For all you knew, the happy, optimistic, over-sharing, clown mermaid that had given you a gift, it all could have been a ruse. It could have been a way for them to lure you into the sea just to eat you alive. 'Would they have really done that?' You ask, looking at the shell, and the bright orange scale that rested on the shelf as a form of a prize, but those weren't prizes were they? They were gifts he had given you.
   It filled your mind how so little is known about him. But at the same time you knew everything about him and could ask him anything. It confused you.

   There was a sudden stop of the ship. You stood up and walked out, leaving the notebook on the desk. Looking around, there you were...back at a town.. "we're... already at shore?" You ask, walking onto the deck of . A quick voice appeared above you " 'course captain! It's been a few hours" you started to feel concern from how time continued to fly past you like a gust of wind. "Let's go into an inn.. I need somethin' to eat.." you say, walking to the plank, jumping down onto the wharf below you. You've stumbled some, catching yourself from falling onto the wooden ground below you. It wasn't the best idea to be jumping from high areas down to others when even walking felt like misery, but all that filled your mind was to lay in a cozy bed with warm blankets, only to then have food brought to you as though you were royalty in their bed.
   It was nice to finally be at the mainland, even if it had felt like only two days had passed. You begin to walk throughout the town, looking for any form of an inn, quickly noticing that it's not the same town you and your crew visits. You wondered why that was so, but assumed this was closer, and prefered taking you to a place to sleep with food than keep their once-lost captain, still at sea.

   Soon you made yourself at home inside of an inn, laying inside of your bed while waiting for the food you requested to fill your abyss of a gut. If it had really been weeks at the island, how haven't you been hungry enough to think of eating the mermaid you called a friend? You chuckled at the thought, wincing once more at the pain that appeared once again, this time being where every tooth indent was in your legs, or how Sun's says it; ligs.

   However, now all that mattered was you settling down in a home, ready to relax and not worry about being stuck at sea for who knows how long...

[985 words]