Destruction and Diving

Y/N P.O.V

   Your body began to quiver as a tentacle latched onto the deck of the ship, nearly crushing you and the crew members that were attempting to sneak behind you to attack. At a fast rate, you sprinted towards the inside of the ship, wishing to take cover while you searched around for things that could help you before the ship began to get torn to shreds by the creature that formed from below the ship out of nowhere. While you entered the Captain's quarters, you gazed around, noticing that oddly enough, none of the crew members were inside of the room, but sounded to be below you. There was a moment of pondering why they had chosen that level, but you forced yourself to remember what was the matter at hand, so, as you searched around, you began to think of what it could be,
   Given how large the tentacles were, it made it very clear that it was a Kraken by how often pirates who lost their ship would describe large tentacles appearing around their ship as the sky became darker yet darker. It made it almost impossible to see anything else other than the large octopus that was attacking the ship it chose for its evening meal. While thinking of the creature, you took a glance outside of the room, you noticed that the parts it was showing were gray, only the tips of the tentacles being a bright white, resembling what it would look like if you put gloves on a tentacle.

   You had heard stories of the creature known as a Kraken, but much like most pirates, it was joked off as a way for others to make excuses for losing their ship to sea. Your eyes bolted across the captain's quarters, searching for a trace of a map or a way to escape that did not resolve to going outside of the room and getting potentially crushed by the Kraken. That's when you spotted it, a map that had somewhat poorly drawn sketches of the islands that could be found if you searched along, though it was better than having nothing now. As you stuffed it into your pocket, you continued to look around, rummaging through the drawers of the desk he had. You were only able to find more bullets for the gun that was grasped in your hand, reluctantly you took them even though you saw no point in having them now. Along with the bullets, you found some loose gold coins and the pages that were torn in your sketchbook. At first, you were happy, but with a second glance, you noticed the captain before he had died had written all over it.
   On the pages, he marked out parts he would sell, and other parts he would have eaten on the mermaids, stating on them in specific onto the reasons why all of which though were from skeptics stating that eating certain parts of a mermaid could give you powers. One of those being how if you ate a mermaid's heart, you could have the ability to live for hundreds of years just like them. Or their lungs, being capable to then breathe underwater. After a while though, most people stopped believing them soon after they concluded that sirens, mermaids, krakens, and many other cryptids were fake and used as a way for parents to stop their children from becoming pirates.

   When being lost in your thoughts, the sounds of screaming could be heard outside from the crew being shredded and presumably being consumed by the beast outside. You rushed out, forcing yourself to stop as you looked below yourself and saw that more than half of the ship was gone, not only that however but the part you stood on was being held by the beast before you. As you quickly looked around, you tried to find a way to escape. Slow and steady steps were taken by you to hopefully allow you to not fall into the second layer of the ship and potentially break a limb and force yourself unconscious. You reached for the rim, latching onto it as you ripped it off to use as a float to make your way to the island that seemed to be miles away from you.

   With a deep breath and forcing your eyes shut, you leaped off of the ship, diving into the cold and kraken-filled waters in hopes to escape and find your way back home or the mermaids...