Waiting for a new problem

Y/N p.o.v

It's been minutes...hours? You couldn't care at this point, your mind was focused on one thing only; getting that damn book back. While on the bench, you've had your foot tapping itself until sore once more. But this time the pain didn't phase you too much, all that mattered was someone took the one thing that could blow the cover of the mermaids you wanted to keep hidden. Well...at least one of them, the shark one you were still on the fence about.
You ran your hand through your hair, trying to tame the boiling anger inside of you. Your mind froze once one of your crewmates found the bench you've been sitting on, they placed themself next to you "captain..you alright? I haven't seen you this mad than the scavenge for blackbeards cave.." they placed a hand on your back, patting it lightly before looking forward. With a sigh, your back hunched "ya know that book i keep with me? Someone took it.." you explain, it was short but was straight to the point.
Their gaze turned from the town in front of them, to you. "Bloody hell..that explains why you're so red.." they comment, you look at them, feeling your own face, realizing just how warm it was from the blazing sun setting a blanket of heat on you, "ah...no..that's just from the sun, have ye seen a short guy with my book anyways?" You ask, in hope that he had seen someone

"Yeah, I have actually, thought it was just the same brand..but i saw 'em at the docks not too long ago" Your heart skipped a beat from hearing this, standing up slowly you turned to the docks, seeing a ship preparing to depart from this town. Without a second thought you ran towards it "No! Nonono they can't take it!" You yelled, in slight hope that your crewmate had heard you, but at the same time it didn't matter, only getting your book back mattered.
You continued rushing towards the boat, every fragment of your body aching from the sun, and what Moon had done. The constant waiting and the nagging that stopped once your crew- no...at this point they're not just crewmates, they act like friends that care for you, workers wouldn't care so much about their boss. Your own mind tried to change its train of questions, in hope to have you slow down.
The only amount of energy inside of you was the food the kind innkeeper had brought in.

You made it to the dock, but the ship had already begun sailing, looking around you jumped onto a rope hanging on the edge, clinging onto the thing as though your life was on a cliff.
It was because the rub burn on your hands and inner part of your thighs had caused you to realize what you've just done... you just rushed onto someone's ship in hope that it has the person who stole your book, which you're not even on the ship, but instead at the side, holding on for dear life.

Slowly, you made your way up to the upper deck, climbing up by the rope. Once ontop you looked around, seeing all the different people working without noticing you.
It was odd to have the feeling you're about to be caught, and yet..there you were, staring at the same people who could kill you in an instant if they wished. With slow steps, you moved into a room, closing and locking the door.

You slid down the wall, trying to think what would be the best approach for this new adventure. Sadly no idea could come in and save you, only ones that would cause your demise.
There was a sudden knock on the door 'shit..' you thought, covering your mouth while listening "hey! Who's in here? Unlock the door would ya?" They ask before slamming their hand against the door as though they were trying to break it down..

[674 words]