The blood sea

Y/N P.O.V

   The area around you became a blur once again, it felt like something common now for how often you were getting hit with a daze, the only difference now was that it wasn't from adrenaline, but instead from the loud noise that formed seemingly without a reason. You dropped the gun, looking around yourself as you notice everyone was tense, frozen now by shock. As you shift your vision back to where the gun was dropped, you notice a blurry figure dripping off a dark red substance from the middle of them. After a few blinks and allowing your adrenaline to tame from a short amount of breaths, you stared in apprehension at what had happened.

   There, now kneeling before you, was a bleeding captain. As you stared in awareness that you had practically killed someone, your breathing quickened while being struck by realizing that now, you were a murderer. Your eyes slowly looked down at the ground, following the flow of the blood. That's when you watched as the gun became drenched in their blood, the once dark wooden color now becoming a shiny red for how fresh the blood was. The sounds of footsteps came closer towards you, rushing almost as though they were planning to attack, so, in a hasty motion, you grabbed onto the red-tinted firearm. The gun was now in your grasp as you pointed the gun at the crew members. The few steps you took now brought you to the back of the captain as they coughed up blood, forcing the members to notice that as they wasted time trying to attack you, their captain began to greet death. With a small pause, they stared at you and their bleeding-out boss, almost with a pleading look for you to give them a moment to hopefully save their friend. You stared, heavy panting emitting from your lungs as an attempt to slow down the rapid heart rate you were given from moving too quickly just a few seconds ago. You forced yourself to speak in a loud voice for all to hear, "Get me my damn book and off of this ship or I'm finishing off your captain!" your throat began to feel sore from the lack of hydration it was able to get for the past few hours on this ship. It made you have the desire to request some water, but from the looks of everyone here, it wasn't a bold assumption to think they drink salt water and state that it's much healthier for people to drink that than fresh water from shore. You sat down on the steps, keeping an eye on everyone as they rushed around the ship, you assumed they were on the hunt for your book. There was one individual who went to the helm, turning it as they made their way to the closest island. Your body began to ease as you watched as the captain collapsed completely onto the ground. While it was an uneasy sight, it was able to give the workers on the ship a warning that the more time they waste, the less of a chance their boss was able to survive this conundrum.

   While a sigh escaped from your lungs, While watching, you turned your gaze to the sky, noticing that the bright blue sky had turned into a dark gray, completely blocking out the sun. You took it as a belief that mother nature simply had changed its mind on what kind of weather we would have today. While you watched the sky, the sound of footsteps became closer to you, forcing your gaze to shift as one crew member began making their way towards you, holding a book that resembled your book, the only difference was the lack of a pen accompanying it. " 'eres yer book, now can we help our captain?" they ask, watching every movement you had done prior to them speaking. When you stood, you chose to make another demand to ensure your safety and they couldn't continue their plausible plan to stab you the moment they had gotten close, "slide the book over." They stared for a moment with a scornful expression before they sat the sketchbook down, sliding it to you. You stopped the book with your shoe, bending down and lifting it, inspecting every detail of the cover before opening the book, specifically flipping to the page where Sun and Moon were drawn in. empty, the pages were gone. The only thing that was left is the ripped ends of where the paper met with the spine of the book. You looked up at the crew member, now wondering if they thought this was some sick joke. You pointed the gun at them, moving the trigger ever so close to the handle. "Get the pages of the mermaids'' your words felt like acid as you spoke, spitting towards the worker as they rushed off to find the pages you were speaking of, though they didn't seem to have too much hope of finding what you were requesting. You soon moved upwards, going to the helm and looking around to see where you were being brought. And...that's when you saw it just a few meters away from the ship, almost like it had been following it.

   That golden tail, glistened in the rays of the sun, giving off a perfect orange and yellow as though it was all treasure. Before you could rush to the edge to get a closer look, the ship was pushed onto its side by what you thought was a large wave, forcing you to be thrown to the rim of the deck. Your body curled around the gun, knowing well that it was the only thing that stopped you from being killed by the pirates that had intended to keep you in a cell. You lifted yourself from the cold ground, looking off to the side in the wonder of if there would be another wave incoming.

   When you noticed what caused the ship to almost be tossed to the side, your eyes widened onto the sight that lay below you...