Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Fia's POV

"Fuck yes!" I screamed on the back of Fiore's bike. Stretching my arms above my head to feel the wind between my fingers. I missed Tuscany, the windy roads, the clubs, the affectionate people. It was a filled with freedom.

"Shit." Fiore glanced to his mirrors, speeding up at the sight of a familiar black vehicle.

"Is he seriously having us followed?" I glanced back at the SUV. One of many owned by the King, my father.

"We were suppose to be back at the house an hour ago." Fiore's shoulders slumped slightly. We just got to Tuscany and he expected us to wait around for our company. Vacations usually consisted of Fiore and I disappearing majority of the time.

The car paced us, riding our tail back to the house. I slid off my helmet, quickly picking up my bag to change into clothes. We had come from the beach, a tad tipsy and damp.

Fiore laughed as he watched me struggle putting clothes on. I couldn't very well walk in there in my bikini. I was pulling on my shorts when I heard the front door swing open.

"You have five minutes to make yourselves presentable. Both of you." Dad grit through his teeth, staring at the both of us. His eyes lingered on me and my wet hair, still half put together from swimming. Fiore stumbled slightly against the bike, but caught himself quickly. We really shouldn't have been riding.

"All good here. We'll be in soon dad." Fiore couldn't hide his small smirk while the King stared us down. He was grumpy today. Usually he'd kiss Fiore and tell him to get his shit together, then stare at me with burnt out pity. I was daddy's lost cause. He couldn't kiss me better like he could my siblings.

"Please be nice." He directed his attention to me. I narrowed my gaze as he stepped out onto the gravel drive. He was in his suit, looking identical to Angelo. Only dad's skin was covered in ink, while Angelo decided against any. He stopped in front of me, snatching my bag with the speed of light.

"What are you doing?" I snapped. He dropped my bag when he pulled out what he wanted. My small Ruger pistol.

"I'll be keeping this." He whispered, tucking it into the back of his pants.

"That's not yours. I'm not a child, you can't take things from me." I lunged around him to take it back. He snatched my arm with his strength. The one and only thing I envied about vampires. He pulled me in front of him, staring down at me with that fatherly scowl.

"I know you Fia. You get mad, and you shoot people. Not on this vacation. Now put yourself together please." The please in his tone was forced. I ripped my wrist from his grasp.

"Keep it. I have more." I whispered before turning to pull my shirt on. My hair was tucked and wet in my white blouse as I pushed past him and made my way inside. I wasn't going to play a part for him. If he claimed to love me like this then he wouldn't ask me to change.

"Fia. What happened? You're all wet." Emilia immediately hounded me when I turned for the kitchen. She was baking for our guests. Her apron sill perfectly clean along with her white satin dress. Daddy's favorite, blonde and sweet just like mom. Then there's me. The nightmare, the last to get her powers in order, the one with the most rage, the one with the least amount of class.

"I went to the beach. Dads in a fucking mood." I told her, plucking the crust off her pie and eating it. She slapped my hand and took her pies from my reach.

"What's that smell?" I perked up, glancing around the kitchen. It didn't smell like Emilia's pies. It smelt different. New.

"We have company." She mouthed toward me, gesturing to the patio out back. She looked excited to see the Vidar family. I didn't know them like my siblings. Mom took trips every now and again and brought Angelo or Emilia, but once I was born those trips stopped. I never met Aunt Thea or Uncle Arlo. Meaning I didn't understand Emilia's excitement. If I were to be honest, I didn't understand anyone I was blood related to.