Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Deacons POV

"Why would he do something so disrespectful and stupid?" My mom spoke under her breath, my father shook his head, glancing out to the vast forest once more. He's been standing there at that window, waiting to see or sense a glimpse of Nolan. He wouldn't, not tonight. I felt his presence far away, heading North into Washington.

"We raised him better than this Arlo." Mom was still processing the sight of Fia's bloodied neck.  How her golden boy could do such a thing.

Jake drove Fia home, she was a bit rattled. But not from the bite, she seemed to care less about the bite and more about the fact that my brother bit her and left. Left her laying there, wanting him.

"She's mine too." I breathed before coating my throat in whiskey. Both my parents snapped their stares toward me.

"Say that again?" Dad took a few steps forward, his furrowed brows dimming his blue eyes.

"She's my mate too." I held my mothers stare. Her shoulders sank just a bit.

"I need to call Augustus." My father perked.

"He knows." I spoke up.

"What do you mean he knows?" Dad didn't like secrets. Handing over his title to me was the hardest thing I think he's ever done. He wanted to be a part of this life.

"He sent Fia here because he knew. I'm not sure he knows about Angelo and Edith though." I chuckled and finished my drink before standing. My moms eyes grew wide.

"Edith is Angelo's mate?" She breathed. Dad ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Why the fuck are we just now hearing about this?" He snapped.

"Arlo." Mom went to his side, calming his enraged wolf. I finally saw how she touched him, how a simple hand on his chest made him abandon his rage and stare down at her lovingly. Fia could so easily do that for me. I'm not sure how simple it'd be for my brother though.

"Someone should call the King. Let him know his daughters marked." I told them before turning to leave. They let me go without a word. Probably thinking it was my job as Beta to contact the King. But who am I to tell about a forced mark when soon mine would reside on his daughters neck too.

~~~~

Fia's POV

"I'm fine, I'll heal." I told Jake as he inspected the bite, wiping the blood from my neck for the third time.

"He could have at least licked you to heal it." He muttered. I chuckled a morbid chuckle.

"I think he wanted me to hurt."

"If I had known he was in little touch with his wolf then I wouldn't have urged him to get closer to you." He was beating himself up about it. Taking blame for Nolan's rage, just as it seemed Deacon did when he pulled me into his arms on the forest floor and apologized.

"My darkness would have done the same. It would have claimed him anyway it could." I pushed the wet rag away. My attention drew to a presence down the hall. Jake let me go and made his way out of the bathroom, sensing it as well.

"Tallulah." Jake whispered, standing in front of me. I peered past him and saw my mom, her hair was braided and clean, and she wore her nighty and coat. She must have been getting ready for bed when she heard.

"Jake" it was then that we both noticed my father behind her. His face rigid once he caught sight of Jake.

"Come here." Dad made his way to me, shoulder checking Jake before pulling me close to inspect my neck.