Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Fia's POV

I ran up the stairs, on my way to Mr Harper's office. I still had to turn in all the grading and make it home in time to beat Fiore and Angelo there. My house was a wreck, I wanted to clean before they showed. Especially before Angelo showed.

I barged into his office without knocking, something that slipped my mind completely, while panting from all the stairs.

"Fia." He looked up from his desk amused. I caught my breath before throwing the papers on his desk.

"This building needs an elevator." I huffed. He took the messy stack and counted through them, ensuring he had everyone's assignment.

"Kimber put lots of hearts on her assignment. I think she's under the impression you're the one grading." He smiled at the comment.

"Did you give a little extra credit for that? I usually do." His smile turned to a smirk.

"Oh I bet you do." I narrowed my eyes rubbing my fingers together in a shaming way. He stood and handed me a paper.

"I graded yours." He leaned against the desk, watching me as I looked it over. He put lots of commentary next to my own commentary. I chuckled till I got to the end. It was a series of numbers scribbled on the bottom. I slowly looked up, meeting his tense stare.

"Is this your number Mr. Harper?" I asked lowly. He nodded, I could tell he was feeling out the situation. Wondering how I'd react.

"I felt we should exchange them. When I enter the grades this weekend and I stumble upon something I don't agree with. I think we should both be reachable." He covered his intentions well. Our school emails would have sufficed. But I wasn't gonna deny the cute Deans number.

"You could always stop by my house if that's the case. We could work on it together." I bit my bottom lip, knowing I probably shouldn't have said something so forward. I've been a mess since my kiss with Deacon. Touching myself in the shower has been my only source of relief. I needed to fuck someone, I felt like it would mellow the fire inside me. Fucking Darian always did that for me.

"I could. But that would be inappropriate Fia." He stood upright and made his way back around his desk. Interesting man.

"Thank you for doing this. It's really taken a load off my shoulders." He took his time looking me up and down. So forward yet so distant. He most definitely was an interesting man.

"Taking your load is my pleasure Mr. Harper." I responded. His eyes widened briefly. I turned and left while on my high note.

People looked at me as if I were crazy as I ran through campus, chasing the bus that was pulling up. I found a seat alone in the back and pulled my phone out to text Edith. If Angelo was coming over then I needed a buffer.

'Hey, come over tonight and endure my brothers with me.' I added a cry face emoji for begging effect.

'What time!' She was quick to respond. I told her to show around eight, if she were there when they showed then Angelo would suspect I invited her to torture him.

When I got home I threw all my dirty laundry in the closet, picking up my dirty dishes and quickly washing them. I was folding spare blankets when Angelo's transfer mist filled the living room. Fiore tackled me onto the couch, smothering me with his affection.

"Your hair!" I held his face as he pulled away. There were pastel pink highlights covering his blonde head.

"Angelo hates it, but mom loves it." He grinned. Of course mom loved it, her and Fiore were two peas in a pod, always laughing at each others jokes, exchanging clothings tips, and going off on solo escapades whenever he wasn't with me.