Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Fia's POV

I woke abruptly, my head felt like it was under water, my body covered in sweat. A rush of shock pricked my skin as I felt the weight of the twins beside me.

Deacons arm draped over my stomach while my hand was clasped tight in Nolan's. They were giant heaters. As good as they felt I was uncomfortably warm. I gently removed Deacons heavy arm, while wiggling my fingers free of Nolan's. My palms were wet.

I was careful as I crawled to the foot of the bed, stumbling a bit once my feet hit the floor. I looked back at the two of them, fast asleep. Deacon looked so peaceful, his breath was deep and slow. Nolan wasn't frowning, or serious. Yet even when he slept he maintained a sense of professionalism.

I tiptoed to the bathroom. Peeling my clothes from my sweaty skin and splashing my face and neck with cold water. I grabbed one of my big shirts off the back of the door and slipped it on. Feeling much better now that my skin had cooled.

Remnants of last night scattered my head as I made coffee. A bit of embarrassment when I remembered puking, and a bit of shame when I realized I had burned Nolan. I said I was sorry, but it didn't rid me of the guilt. Although they could have just left me. I would have probably went home with someone else and puked in their bathroom instead. A part of me preferred that shame over this. But it was nice being waited on so caringly.

"Hey." I popped my head up, seeing Nolan making his way into the kitchen. I sunk against the counter as I took in his tousled state. His hair was messy and he had taken off his hoodie. Just the thin material of his white shirt clung to him in all the right places.

"Hey." There was a rasp in my throat before I cleared it.

"How you feeling?" He darted his gaze around my house, probably feeling the same tug I was. I regret leaving the bed so soon. I could have worked through the sweat just to have him lying next to me again.

"Good. A bit of a headache, but good." I assured him. He nodded, the air tensing between us.

"I'm really sorry." I spoke up. He shook his head.

"Don't be. I probably crossed a few boundaries when I forced you into my car." He scratched the back of his neck, realizing that his actions didn't line with his claims.

"I think your phone is going off." He perked and turned for my purse. I didn't even hear it, I was too busy staring at him. He grabbed it for me, glancing at the screen before averting his gaze.

"I don't want you seeing Cain." He abruptly spoke. I looked down at a few texts from Cain's number and sighed. I should have said okay, or I know. But instead I had to proclaim my independence.

"I don't think that's any of your business." I breathed. He tensed as his yellow eyes held my dark ones.

"What's going on?" Deacon came into the kitchen, glancing between us both. I broke my stare to look upon him as well. Remembering how good his body felt against mine. They were tempting when they woke up, I was oddly drawn to their disheveled state.

"Fia is going to see Cain." Nolan spoke up as if he were tattling on me. I clenched my jaw.

"That is not what I said." I snapped.

"You insinuated it." He grit back.

"Calm down. She said she won't. There's no need to fight over it." Deacon stood between us.

"Even if I did, it shouldn't concern you. You're not my father." I sounded like an angsty teen...

"You will not see Cain Fia. You shouldn't even be speaking of it as a hypothetical." Deacon turned to me, blaring his golden eyes at me as well.