Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Fia's POV

The moment my feet hit the ground I saw Uncle Amari with arms wide, waiting to take me in for a hug. I chuckled as he pulled me into a bone crushing embrace.

"I heard you were too cool for them in Tuscany." He whispered playfully. I laughed at his attempt to make me feel better. No doubt dad called them and filled them in.

"They couldn't handle my heat." I narrowed my eyes playfully and lit a flame in my palm for him to admire. He loved watching me conjure fire, as if it were him that gave it to me.

"That's my little bad ass." He matched my flame with his before Aunt Flora took me into her arms.

"I'm glad you came home. I was getting bored without your chaos." She whispered. I chuckled at her attempt to cheer me up.

"Let her go. She doesn't like hugs." Penelope piped. Flora scuffed before releasing me.

"I was thinking since dad is out of town, we can have a little fun. Maybe invite some guards and set up a book club of your own." She whispered. Amari sent her a scowl.

"Stop." He raised his voice at her. I chuckled and followed them to the car. As much as I wanted to get away, I'd miss them.

When we got back home Emil was waiting for a serious talk about my actions. About sex and protection. I somehow avoided it all together by refusing to leave Amari's side. He didn't want to hear one word of it. I had a relaxing night with my Aunties and Uncles, sharing a drink on the patio.

"So how are the Vidar's doing?" Jax asked curiously. I shrugged.

"Good I guess. Their daughter's pretty cool." I avoided conversation about the twins.

"How old is she now?" Flora piped.

"19, and she's giving Angelo hell. It was amusing to watch." I smirked. Emil sent a side eye.

"We heard about Darian." Penny cocked her head. She was always one to bring up sore subjects. I sighed, catching the disapproving eyes of Amari. They were friends.

"It was a mistake, I'll admit that. But Augustus' rules are ridiculous. You were denied a mate for decades because of him Flora." I spoke against my dad like a true rebellion. She took a deep breath.

"My brother, your dad, has changed Fia. Stop holding things against him. He does his very best. He's come a long way." She defended him like she always did. Amari remained quiet. He had his Kings back, but when it came to Flora I knew he held resentment.

"Darian should have known better. He's decades older than you, and he promised himself to Camil." Emil seemed as if he were speaking more to himself.

"Dads centuries older than mom. I guess he should have known better too." I mumbled, sipping my drink. The patio went silent.

"As much as I love a good King bashing. I think you're sorely mistaken Fia." Penny spoke up. I adjusted in my seat, feeling the heat of everyone's stares.

"Darian lost his job because of his relation to you. He lost Camil as well. Your actions have consequences. I love a good heat of the moment fuck. But you led him on. And lying about your emotion isn't something I condone." She didn't bother looking at me. She knew her words penetrated my skin. She always taught me to be honest with myself. And I wasn't.

"I don't plan on doing it again." I told them as I stared out to the dark wood. Uncle Emil put his hand over mine, sending me a soft smile.

"Mistakes are bound to happen sweetheart. It's how we learn." His comforting words weren't anything new to me, but his sweet face brought me an ounce of levity.