Chapter One

Zakari's Pov

"Hello," I smiled at the girl on screen. It was nice seeing another girl rather than another horny guy on Omegle. 

Almost five times in a row, I was flashed. It was weird, uncomfortable, and overall stupid; don't nobody want to see their junk. If that was the case, I'd just go to the orange and black website. 

Not Omegle.

"Hi." She smiled, eyeing me intently with me taking in all her features. Low hazel eyes, smooth lips; its new to see since masks usually hid them; pearly whites, gorgeous curly black hair, glasses, and a smile that made my mind wonder. 

Not to mention the upper body...

"You look kinda ugly," her face turned into an upturned scrunch.

"Have you seen yourself?" I replied sarcastically with a raised eyebrow. 

"What exactly is ugly about me?" In my opinion, absolutely nothing, but she doesn't have to know that.

"Everything. You so ugly I can't even tell you exactly is ugly about you." I smiled before leaning comfortably in my chair.

"If that's the case, then I must not be that ugly." She tilted her head with a smirk. Gaining a few claps from me.

"Good job, what a smart girl." I'm surprised she understood it, most people would've taken it as an insult due to simple mindedness. "Everyone I've said that to skipped me."

"I bet they did. There's better ways to give a compliment." 

I rolled my eyes since gaining a compliment, especially a straightforward one from me, takes a lot. Not too much, but definitely enough.

"I'd rather they take it as an insult anyways. Either way its fine with me."

"Just so you know, I better not see a random dick pop up on my screen or some random bullshit coming from your mouth." Though her reply was random, I understood her. I'd be annoyed too if I was having a nice conversation with someone, and all of a sudden they want to get kinky and freaky.

"Same applies to you." 

We continued talking about random things regarding present events until it went silent. Not in an uncomfortable way, thankfully, but instead the opposite.

"Are you single?" She asked me, breaking the silence.

"Yes—are you?"

"Yeah." 

We stopped talking a bit, but all the while I continued thinking. I couldn't help but notice her staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked after looking at her with my head tilted.

"Introduce yourself to me."

I paused thinking about whether or not I wanted to tell the truth. Lying would be interesting, but I decided against it. "My name is Zakari. I'm nineteen, I'm a bartender, I'm out of school—I draw, mind my own business, and listen to music all day."

"Wow what a great yet boring portfolio—now introduce yourself." I cut her off disregarding her statement.

"My name is Dominique, I'm eighteen, I'm also out of school. I paint, do nails and hair; and hang out wit friends." She continued thinking of what I assumed was what to say next. "And my job is a secret."

Wanting to know her job, but also beat around the bush, I asked her, "What is your biggest secret?"

"I'm not telling you my job." Mission failed.

"Not your job, but secrets in general." I reinstated, moving on from her job.

"Give me your snap." She pulled her phone from her pocket before looking at me. The look she gave me was enough, so I gave her my snap before receiving a notification saying I was added by someone.

"You're really fine." She typed into the Omegle chat area before skipping me. I smiled at the text before closing the tab on my laptop before making myself comfortable on my bed.

It was half past ten at night, so I wondered whether or not I should go get myself some water. I decided against it when I started getting a video call from Dominique. 

I accepted and was met with her wrapped in a towel in front of the mirror. "Wassup," she looked from the mirror to me. "Nothin, just finna listen to some music. What about you?"

I looked from my television to my phone after choosing a playlist. I saw Dominique wipe the makeup from her face. 

I'd be lying if I said she wasn't fine. 

"Kari, you're staring mad hard." 

"Can't help it." I retorted without thinking. Truth be told, I was really zoning out to her face. Got me speechless, fazed, and stunned. 

"What happened to me being ugly?" 

"You tell me."