Chapter Twenty-Six

Omniscient Pov

Two years later...

To catch up, Nyeemah and Lola got married a few months after Aaron's passing. It took months since Nyeemah was affected the most other than Blair.

Blair was mainly affected since she had seen him die, and was with him everyday before and after his death.

The previous year, Micaiah proposed to Malaysia. She was overjoyed, but they also gave the fantastic news of an upcoming babies. Yes, they had twins; Malaya and Makayla.

It wasn't a surprise since Malaysia had a secret twin, Asia. Who appeared at the marriage—it was a huge surprise since she went ghost some years before.

Everyone was at her baby shower, marriage day, and everything. It was a grand day for the both of them. 

Two years later, when Zakari finally grew the balls to propose to Dominique.

They started dating the week Aaron passed. Since on his deathbed, he simply wanted them to finally get together.

It's the one wish they could make true, and everyone was happy for them.

Which is why to celebrate, they had a movie night at Zakari's Mom's house since it was what Aaron enjoyed. 

In the back of all of their mind's they laughed at the thought that Aaron would be taking forever to choose a scary movie, which is why they ended up rewatching 'Open House' due to memories.

Zakari never changed her password in favor of him.

Although they all loved and missed him, they didn't dwell on the death and ending of him, but the life and memories.

Since he always wanted to, as he'd say, "Turn up!"

Everyone had their days of crying, visiting where he laid, or simply missing his presence, but they all knew he wouldn't have wanted them to be sad.

"Kari you okay?" Dominique questioned during the cookout.

They decided to start having cookouts at least once every other month to encourage spending time with eachother. Since time was limited, and they wanted to spend as much as they could with each other.

"Yeah, just thinking." She responded, gripping the ring in her pocket, standing up from the couch. "You gotta sit though." She encouraged, due to the growing baby in Dominique's belly.

She was a month or two from her due date, and Zakari did not want any complications during her soon-to-be fiance then wife.

Not over her dead body.

"I'm okay—I was just mingling in the back." She replied, taking her seat on the couch.

"Mingle sitting down. If anyone wants to talk, they should join you on the couch." Zakari urged, more anxious than ever.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dominique checked once again, "You're trembling, and your forehead is sweating." She nervously chuckled.

"I'm fine, it's just hot." Zakari assured, placing Dominique's hand in hers. "I'm gonna check on everyone."

Dominique nodded before Zakari made her way out the house. She started talking to everyone, before playing with the kids.

"Throw it to me Makayla!" Zakari started to play catch with the kids, until it was nearing seven—as in the time to finally propose.

By that time, Dominique was back up, this time mingling with her mother. Dominique's mother was the only person other than Zakari that knew about the ring, just not the date of the proposal.

So she'd be just as surprised as everyone else. Hopefully just as happy too.

"Can I get everyone's attention?" Zakari yelled, standing on the back porch of the house. "Just gather around." 

Zakari was nervous, and the rollercoaster feeling in her stomach didn't make matters better.

Everyone started to murmur, but gathered around nonetheless. Dominique was in front of everyone since she thought something was wrong.

"So, thank you everyone for coming." Zakari cleared her throat, knowing it was time. She stepped from the porch, to Dominique.

Dominique was confused, but the growing flutter in her stomach made one thing clear.

She hoped that they'd stay together forever, and that she loved Zakari with her entire heart. Even the pieces that were broken from her father, whom she refuses to bring up.

"Dominique, what I feel for you is beyond words." Zakari let out a soft chuckle. "Honesty I've had this feeling since the day I met you on Omegle. Thank God I didn't skip you or get off before I stopped at you.

"Or we wouldn't have made it here, but I'm so happy we did. And to be honest, I don't want to end it here—in fact, I never want it to end.

"I want you to know that I love you so much. To the point where I want to grow old with you—what I'm tryna say her is," Zakari paused, pulling out the ring case, lowering to one knee.

Everyone around erupted into gasps—It was completely silent.

"Dominique Jones; will you marry me?" Zakari asked, full of hope with tears clouding her eyes.

Dominique was flabbergasted, and in tears. Her hands were covering her face, and wiping her slow falling tears.

It was like the whole world stopped. 

It was the longest, most excruciating, pause in the world.

And everyone waa waiting.

"Yes!" Dominique screamed, hugging and kissing Zakari all over her face.

Everyone around erupted into hooting, claps, and overall support.

Zakari wiped all of Dominique's tears, kissing her back, before slipping the ring onto Dominique's finger.

They hugged for a longtime before Zakari made something known.

"This is ma wife y'all!"

Micaiah and the rest of their friends started hugging them both, happier than ever.

"About time." Zakari's mom commented, hugging her daughter as well as her daughter in-law and her soon to be nephew.

Yes, they were having a boy.

"We've all been waiting for this!" Nyeemah and Lola yelled. 

"Aye Kari!" Micaiah shouted, "Who dat is?" He asked, pointing to Dominique

"My wife!" She yelled, making them all laugh.

"Kari what we is?" Dominique asked with a cheeky grin.

"For lifers!"