Chapter Twenty

Dominique's Pov

"It's loud, imma go," I commented, leaving the inside of the noisey club. 

"Hey," I turned to see Aaron, "You okay?" He asked, stepping in front of me with both hands on my bicep area. 

"Yeah," I answered before receiving another notification from my phone.

"You know Zakari's coming back next year?" Aaron smiled brightly at me. I nodded and started to think about how we both looked back then. 

"I mean you changed, so just think about her." I rolled my eyes at how quickly he could change my mood.

"Wanna go back in?" He asked me before taking my phone. 

"I have no choice," I sighed, following him back into the club.

Three damn years she's been gone. 

After a good thirty minutes, we were all either high, tipsy, or just outright drunk. I was a little high, so I was the driver for all of us. I drove all of is to Momma J's house and that's where we passed out for the night.

In the morning, I took a nice shower, brushed my teeth, and got myself situated. I decided on wearing a simple crop top and some sweatpants. I made myself some breakfast before sitting down and checking my schedule for the day. 

In the midst of it all, I thought to check my text messages.

King: I'm going on a work trip this morning and won't be back until Friday.

Me: Okay. Be safe.

King: Alright babe, I love you.

Me: ilyt

I got up and grabbed my keys since I had appointments to do at the salon. It was going to be a long day since they were back to back. 

During my drive to the club, I received a call from Malaysia. I answered before Nyeemah then joined the call.

"Hello," Nyeemah smiled with her face extremely close to the camera.

 "Hey," I dragged out, still driving. 

"Where you goin?" Malaysia asked, propping her phone up, and tying her hair into a high bun. 

"I'm heading to the salon right now."

"Can you do my hair?" Nyeemah asked me, also propping her phone up. 

"Yeah, when? It has to be after three since that's when I have no more appointments." I informed the both of them. 

"I'm free at four-thirty." I nodded. 

"You better be here, and bring supplies," I rolled my eyes, since the last time she forgot.

"Me too," Malaysia sung out. "But at six." She smiled. 

"That's fine with me," I agreed before pulling into the salon. 

"You know what to do, I'll see y'all then." I said my goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

I walked into the salon saying 'hello' to the regulars and my little friends. I waited for my next appointment which started my day.

My long day.

Once the time hit four-thirty, Malaysia and Nyeemah walked in. This time with the supplies. Thankfully. I rolled my eyes at Nyeemah who was cheesing. 

"Yes," she dragged out, "I'm finna have my hair done!" She squealed happily.

"This girl," Malaysia muttered. "Anyways, did Aaron and Blair tell y'all that they've been dating?" Malaysia randomly asked us. 

"No, but its official now?" Malaysia shrugged before pulling her phone out. 

"Ion know, but I guess they've been dating since they met." 

"I already knew," I uttered which made Nyeemah abruptly turn around, facing me. 

"So I'm just clueless at this point?" Nyeemah looked between the two of us. 

"I mean it was obvious, regardless of them telling us or not." I shrugged.

"Plus Aaron don't like nobody, and hangs out wit her the most. So you just dumb," Malaysia laughed, with me joining. Nyeemah flipped us off after rolling her eyes.

"That's your fault, not ours." I chuckled, still braiding her hair.

"Um," Malaysia trailed. "Y'all," she looked at the both of us."

"Zakari has a kid."