Chapter Thirteen

Dominique's Pov

I woke up beside Zakari who was cuddled with Bryson. During the entire movie marathon last night, he had her to himself. Matter of fact, he was with her ever since I brought her.

"You're staring Dom," Zakari whispers to me. I chuckled since the tables turned. 

"I have eyes for a reason," I got up from the floor and went upstairs to my room. 

I did my daily hygiene and changed into a comfortable outfit after getting out of the shower. I walked to my door, and opened it to see Zakari inches away from me.

"Please get this kid," I looked at her neck to see Bryson clinging onto her. 

"He don't like me," I smiled about to walk away. She stopped me, "He pissed on me Dom," she gritted lowly. 

My eyes widened with a smile, "Damn."

I grabbed Bryson from her and went to my Mom's room. "Ma," I knocked on the door and opened it slowly to see my mom watching 'First 48'. 

"Yes Dominique," my Mom answered seeing Bryson's wet ass. 

"He peed on Zakari," I handed the annoying ass boy to her. She shook her head taking him into the bathroom to change him. I sat on her bed, starting to get intrigued by the show she was watching. 

I was so interested, I didn't see when she came back, or when Zakari joined me. "When you get here?" I asked before looking away from the television. "A while ago," she answered, still looking at the screen. 

I got up from the bed, "Ma it's too early for shows like this." 

"Not really," Zakari muttered which made my Mom chuckle, "At least someone gets it," she sat beside Zakari and hugged her. 

I rolled my eyes walking out the room, "Zakari you're stealing my Mom now," I yelled before making my way down the stairs. 

I threw a pillow at Mason's head before walking into the kitchen. Probably wasn't the best idea since it turned into a full on pillow fight. 

Mason threw the couch pillow at my head, so I tried throwing it back, but hit Destiny instead of him. 

"Who just threw that?" Her sleepy eyes narrowed at me, and she started to stand up. 

I was behind the couch, and she was in front of it. She suddenly jumped over the couch and started to chase me. I ran around the living room and even the kitchen, but this girl is fast.

"That's not fair, you ran track!" I shouted, running up the stairs and back into my Mom's room. 

"Mom!" I yelled running to the other side of the bed. My mom grabbed Destiny and looked at me, "Why are y'all running around my house like some little ass kids?"

"She threw a pillow at me, I didn't even do anything." Destiny snitched. "Not yet." I put my two-sense in their conversation, and sat beside Zakari who was still watching 'First 48'. 

I received a notification from my phone to see some messages from Laemoni.

Me: Fine I'll call you back to back then.

Moni🐻: I'll enjoy that 🤗

Past Messages

Moni🐻: How you doing?

Moni🐻: Call me when you can?

Moni🐻: What happened to bombarding me with messages?

Yesterday

Moni🐻: Idk if I did something or if we're not on the same page, but I wanted to get to known you. I don't know if I'm being ghosted or if you're not feelin me, but I like you.

I scrunched my face at her text messages since I was busy, and a lot was happening. 

Me: My bad, I've been busy and a lot has been going on.

Moni🐻: I understand, but what's going on here.

Me: Idk

I looked beside me to see Mason. It was obvious that he saw my texts, but the look on his face said that he was worried about other things. "Who's that?" He didn't ask it in an overprotective way, but more like a disappointed way. 

"Just someone I met," I replied, turning my phone off. 

"Like Zakari, or like Tyler?" I became confused since I didn't tell him about Tyler. I did tell Destiny and my Mom, but not him. 

"Destiny told me." I nodded before answering. 

"Like neither of them." 

"Zakari's a nice person, but," he paused, and started to walk out the room. 

"She'd be a better girlfriend."