Chapter Twenty-Two

Zakari's Pov

"This is a long drive Zakari," Siara complained on the phone to me. 

"I know, I've only done the drive like two times." I replied, referring to the long drive to Berkeley.

She was driving the Uhaul truck with my belongings, Siara's sister was driving a Uhaul with Siara's stuff, and I was in my car with Mariah. She was on her tablet, hence the quietness.

"Is it weird that I'm excited?" Siara asked randomly, she was probably thinking to herself out loud. 

"Yes it is," I replied with a chuckle.

Our drive was long, but when we arrived at Hollywood, we switched vehicles at Siara's place. I drove the Uhaul to my place and moved everything in, before turning the Uhaul back in.

It was a lot, but I also helped Siara along with her sister, Soriah. She was very helpful, but for the remainder of the day, she assisted Siara with her place. It was nice that she forgot about the real reason we even came here.

I had Mariah for the day, so the first thing I did was get her some food and something to drink. A good twenty minutes later, she was cleaned up and everything else. 

"Mommy where are we goin now," she asked while we walked to my car from the McDonald's building. 

"We're going to meet some of your so called 'god parents'," I smiled with air quotes.

 "My 'god parents'," she repeated with her own air quotes.

I shook my head 'yes' before opening my car door and putting her into her car seat. I buckled her up before sitting in the driver's seat, and turning on the ignition. 

I slowly, but steadily drove to the place I used to live. I pulled up seeing Malaysia and a few others outside. Before I got out the car, I unbuckled Mariah and took my keys, stuffing them in my pocket.

I saw Micaiah and Malaysia look my way with wide eyes. I then opened my car door with Mariah in my arms. The moment I stepped out of my car, I was squeezed. 

Hella tight.

"Woah woah," Micaiah pulled Aaron off of me. "That's your daughter?" Micaiah hesitantly asked me. 

"Yes the fuck it is, and that's my," Malaysia paused and looked at Micaiah. "Niece? In law?" She shrugged and took Mariah from me. 

"Zakari!" Nyeemah ran to me before looking at my child in Malaysia's arms. "What's her name?" She asked, getting closer to Malaysia. 

"Her name—full name." Nyeemah cut me off. 

"Her, full is Mariah Lovely-Jackson." I stated before walking into the house.

"Wait her last name is lovely or her middle name?" Micaiah asked following me. 

"Last," I replied walking to my old room. 

I originally walked to the room for nostalgic reasons, but saw Dominique laying on the bed. 

"Are you fucking married?!" Aaron shouted from downstairs. I walked out the room to prevent Dom from waking up.

"No, I'm not married," I laughed.

"So you're engaged?!" Nyeemah shouted with him. 

"No, dummies. I'm single and I'm co-parenting with—your babymama!" Malaysia cut me off. 

"I don't call her that, but yes." 

I walked back into the room, this time seeing Dominique was awake, I quickly shut the door and went downstairs. Next thing you know, I was nearly knocked down the stairs. 

I looked down seeing it was Dominique. I looked back up at everyone else, and saw that they were all smiling. 

"She missed you so damn much," Mason popped up. I hesitantly, tried to loosen the grip Dom had on my waist, but she wouldn't budge.

Instead it just became tighter. So. Fucking. Tighter.

We stayed there for a good five minutes until Mariah ran to me. She was crying for whatever reason. 

"She thought you left her," Aaron tried his absolute best to not laugh.

"Aaron. You bet not l-," he cut me off with a loud ass laugh. I'm pretty sure it made Mariah cry harder, so I picked her up.

"It's okay, pumpkin," I tried to sooth her. "Shut the fu-freak up Aaron," I gritted, still soothing Mariah.

"How old is she?" Someone asked. 

"She turns four in-," I looked up seeing it was Yazmine. "Yazmine," I almost dropped my child trying to run to her. 

"Damn, I haven't even met her and you already tryna kill her." Yazmine walked over to me.

"Aww," Yazmine cooed at Mariah and took her from my arms. Destiny did the same, but at Dominique and I. 

"Shut up Destiny," I heard Dominique mutter. "And stop tryna moisten my grip Zakari."

"That's what she said!" Aaron cackled along with Nyeemah.

I laughed along with them, but couldn't help but admire the gorgeous girl hugging me.

This time I tried moving Dominique arms, and she moved them. I then turned towards her and gave her a front hug. She looked up at me and just stared. 

"Damn you changed." She commented, her gaze not leaving me. 

"Just a few tattoos and piercings." I smiled, marveling at her. She was taller than before, but still dazzling nonetheless.

"So we're just going to forget about your boyfriend?" Aaron questioned which made my neck turn, and my face scrunch. 

"You have a boyfriend?"