💤Wakey Wakey Protocol (PT 2)💤

"Good Morning, Captain. Coffee is en route.
Current ship status is nominal."

What the hell? What happened?
I was back inside my Cryo chamber but this time I was awaken with our computer. I suddenly felt my entire body begin to wake up, better than it did before.

Was it all a fucking dream? Thank god.

My chamber opened to the bridge. It was lit up this time, the stars in space illuminated outside, computers ran normal. I stepped out of my chamber, hearing the ship running perfectly as if nothing I saw happened. I got closer to the computer to see that the computer was now beginning to awaken the rest of the crew.

I sighed in relief letting out a small smile.

Suddenly I heard the chamber next to me open.
Smoke cleared and Mark stepped out of his chamber, with two cups of coffee in hand.

He sighed happily and began strolling towards me.
He looked completely different from last time I saw him.
"Good Morning Captain. Did you sleep well?"

He sounded so carefree, in my dream he sounded so angry like I betrayed him or something. I remained silent.
He handed me a coffee mug that I didn't take.

"Captain? You feeling alright?" Mark raised an eyebrow.
I snapped out of my gaze and let out a fake giggle.
"Yeah, I'm good, thanks." I said taking the cup of coffee.

"You sure?" He asked again.

I sighed. "Yeah, just getting used to cryo-sleeping."

"Nothing coffee can't fix, right?" He smiled raising up his mug.

I sighed out a chuckled as we clinked out cups together and took a sip in sync. Tasted the way I liked it.

We stared out the glass window, observing our new colonized planet.
The door behind us opened, we snapped our necks behind us and saw Bert and Celci.

"Morning Guys, how are the colonists?" I asked.

"All Colonists are healthy, safe and accounted for."
Cecili replied with a smile.

"Hey Bert, since you're here, I wanted to talk to you about reactor real quick." Mark ran off with Bert towards reactor. But stopped to face Celci.
"CC." Mark squinted.
"Asshat" She responded.

Celci walked closer towards me.

"There was one small hiccup I noticed last night."
She said.

"What's that?"

"I don't think it affected too much, but our ventilation system was offline for a while. Luckily we restarted it before something happened." She explained

Jeez, no wonder my dream felt too real.

"How was it offline? Was it tampered with?" I asked.

"No idea, we figured it was a technical issue, but other than that, we're colonizing this new planet successfully."

I gazed down the planet, finding comfort in the beauty of it. I saw our space pods entering and leaving the planet.

"We're all getting our first look at the planet in a few minutes, Wanna see it with us?"  She asked.

"Absolutely" I perked up.

My smile quickly faded as I quickly felt dizzy for a moment.
"You alive Captain?" She joked.

"Yep." I jumped up.

Celci kinda had a sarcastic smile on her face as she nodded.

"Celcionna!" A female voice called out.

"Sorry, gotta go." She ran quickly.

When she did, I felt a slight pain on my left hand. I noticed that my hand was still pretty swollen from Mark ripping the warp crystal out of my hand. It still hurt like hell but I ignored it.

I walked out of the bride and into the hallway, mostly finding it empty, other than two or three colonists tinkering with the ship. Two of them stopped in their place and saluted towards me.

I walked towards our asteroid defense system, where I began searching for Gunther. I peeked my head inside the room, finding nothing but the drones.

"Captain?"
Gunther's voice from behind me caused me the jump out of my skin and dart around gasping for air.

"Christ, Gunther you scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry, supposed you were looking for me?"
He said.

"Yeah Um- I was just wondering."
I took a moment to actually breathe.
"Did anything happen to the ADS last night?"

Gunther took his cigar out of his mouth.

"Not that I know of. Why? Did something happen?"

I shook my head.
"No, I was just making sure."

Gunther had a small smirk on his face.
"Putting the crew and colonists first, aye captain?
Gotta lot respect for you."

I chuckled quietly. "Thanks."

A small ping noice echoed through the ship's intercom. It was Celci's voice.

"Attention, May the crew members of the Invincible, please come to the bridge. Thank you."

Gunther and I stared at each other.
"I think we're about to start launch to the planet."
I said smiling.

"Can't wait." Gunther said.

~~~~
Nothing big happened yet, but trust me, it's gonna get better 😈