Ch. 1.2 - The Building Competition

[Jesse's POV]

Axel: "Is that a freakin' beacon? They have a freakin' beacon!? Freakin' Beacon!?" My focus shifts to Lukas, who was searching through a chest in his booth for a beacon while his teammates went to get some glass.

Olivia: "That's stained glass. They aren't just building a beacon, they're building a rainbow beacon! ...We're gonna lose..."

Jesse: "What're you worried about? We've got this."

Olivia: "Who are we kidding? We've got nothing."

Jesse: "We've got... a mascot!" Not everyone has a cosplaying pig...!

Olivia: "We should probably stop staring at them."

It was too late, Maya and Gill had already caught on to our stare.

Gill: "Hahaha! Look, it's the Order of the Losers. Again."

Maya: "Good one, Gill!"

Hold on, didn't you use that line like 2 minutes ago???

Olivia: "We're just looking."

Aiden: "There'll be plenty of time for you all to look at it after it wins and gets shown at Endercon."

Axel: "You're being unpleasant."

Aiden: "Maybe not all of you. Endercon doesn't allow outside food or drink." Aiden points at Reuben. "I'm talking about your pig!"

Jesse: "Just, shut up."

Aiden: "What was that?"

Olivia: "Jesse said, 'Shut up.' Do you need to hear it again?"

Aiden: "I dunno. Maybe."

Lukas: "Stop wasting your time, Aiden. We've got work to do." Lukas calls out. Yeah, listen to your friend! No one wants to hear you speak! We purposely smile back to provoke him, and it works wonderfully. Aiden has a really short-temper, so it's especially easy with him. Don't blame us. After what we've been through, who wouldn't use this opportunity?

Aiden: "Tsk, you're lucky, I'm busy." Aiden lashes out angrily.

"Hey, Jesse. Guys." A red-haired girl with a turquoise bandana approaches us from behind. It was Petra. We're not that close; we've talked a few times, but I still consider her a friend.

Jesse: "Hey, Petra."

Petra: "How's the build going?"

Axel: "Only time will tell. But -- we're optimistic."

Lukas: "Petra, I forgot to thank you for that nether star."

Petra: "Hey, Lukas. Not a problem."

Axel: "You helped these tools?"

Petra: "For the right price, I'll help anyone. If you need anything, you know where to find me."

Olivia: "None of us know where to find you."

Petra: "Exactly." W-Wait I don't understand the message.

Lukas: "No hard feelings guys. If you're cool with Petra, you're cool with us. So why don't we just forget about all this, and, y'know... make this about how cool our builds are."

Jesse: "We're going to crush you."

Lukas laughs lightheartedly: "I don't know if you know this, but... we're pretty good...ohhh. Wait, I get it, It's like a joke, right?"