Ch. 13.2 - Final Battle against the Storm

[Jesse's POV]

Lukas: "Wow..." Lukas exclaimed as we got off the horses. That's right... I forgot. There are three of those things now.

Gabriel: "Wait, I'm confused. Shouldn't the Endermen have dismantled those things by now?"

Ivor: "It's not just you. Something's wrong..." Two weeks have passed now, but it didn't look like the Endermen managed to tear apart the Wither any less than before.

Ellegaard: "Guys! Over here!"

Olivia: "Ellegaard!" Ellegaard, standing on top of a nearby hill, jumps down towards us.

Ellegaard: "Good to see you've made it! Nice armor, by the way."

Jesse: "So... what's going on? Why isn't that thing dead yet?"

Ellegaard: "Well, a little status report: After we parted ways at the cave, I lured the Wither Storm towards Soren's Fortress. We know that it has a harder time eating through hilly terrain, so I took the amulet and placed it deep underground somewhere inside the fortress. It looks like digging down isn't really a strong point of the Wither Storm, and with help from the Endermen stalling the Wither, I've managed to trap it in this crater relatively safely!"

Jesse: "That's good, but then what's holding the Endermen back from attacking it further?"

Ellegaard: "That's the problem; they aren't angry enough. I mean, some of them are, but a lot of them are just standing around doing nothing. Endermen only attack when provoked, and the Wither Storm isn't targeting the Endermen enough for it to make a difference. I've been trying for days now to provoke them so that they join the battle, but after awhile, the ones who are already attacking the storm start to lose interest, and it's just an endless cycle. The point is, I can't get enough Endermen to attack at the same time, at least not alone!"

Soren: "Augh! Blast!"

Ellegaard: "They keep the main Wither Storm busy, but one of the smaller ones started targeting me, so I had to pull out of battle and couldn't make anymore progress. And that brings us to the current situation."

Lukas: "Wait, you said you can't get all the Endermen to attack because you can't do it alone, right? Now that we have more people and all work together, we could do this, right?"

Soren: "Um... I'm not so sure about that..."

Ivor: "Now is not the time for cold feet, Soren!"

Jesse: "Uh... but how are we supposed to bring down three of those things?"

Ivor: "Don't worry, even if there are three of them now, it's still all being controlled by one brain, the command block. We only need to destroy that block in order to kill it."

Jesse: "Okay... and the command block is...?"

Ivor: "I can only guess that it's inside the biggest one."

Jesse: "Yeah, but... how am I supposed to reach it?"

Ivor: "I'm not sure at the moment, but right now we need to focus on getting more of those skinny beasts to attack the Wither Storm! We have bigger chances when the Wither is weakened!"

Jesse: "You're right. Let's go!" The eight of us head down the crater, where most of the Endermen are congregated. On the way down, we could spot a few parts of what once was Soren's Fortress. All of the walls looked ruined, and flying debris was piling up everywhere. It truly looked like a battlefield.

Eventually, we reach the bottom of the crater, which is an open area. Looking beside us, we could see what was left of the entrance of Soren's Fortress, with the broken golden piston door barely still shining.