Ch. 4.1 - Chase through the Nether

[Jesse's POV]

After that long tunnel, the hollowed out cave opens up to a sea of lava. With the track on a small bridge that's going over it.

Lukas: "Wow. The Nether."

Olivia: "Yeah, that's a lot of lava. and fire. and other things that could burn you to death." Reuben squeals as he hides in the minecart. Great, what's coming now?

Lukas: "Oh, that's a drop. That is very, very much a drop!" The rail tracks further ahead go down quite steeply.

Axel: "What are you talking about, new guy? What drrrrr- Oh crap! You weren't kidding."

Jesse: "Just hold on tight." The carts start heading down as everyone has a different reaction. Axel was enjoying it, even waving his hands in the air. Lukas was profusely sweating. Reuben was hiding in the minecart, and Olivia was just covering her eyes the whole time.

The carts plow forward as they hit the bottom of the drop. The drop caused us to go faster than before. The tracks enter a cave once again. "Oh, no." There was a wall hanging down above the tracks! We're forced to duck under it. Once I poke my head out, I look back to see if everyone was alright.

Olivia: "Watch it!" There was another low wall. I barely react in time to successfully duck under it.

Axel: "Okay, so I'm not the only one seeing that we're running out of track, right?" As the cave passes, the track continues on open lava as it starts to reach a lava wall.

Lukas: "No!"

Axel: "Good!" Just before the lavafall was a lone lever sitting beside the track. I'm guessing the only way to get out of this situation is to hit that lever to prevent ourselves from getting burned.

Olivia: "Jesse! That switch! Now! Do it!"

Jesse: "Arms don't fail me now..." I lean out of my cart and position myself. The lever comes up, and I flick it over as we pass by it. That was less intense than I thought it would be.

Just before the first cart comes into contact with the lava, all of the tracks suddenly come to a halt. The track starts to move down as we hear piston sounds coming from under us.

"Heh, I thought something bad was going to happen there, but, heh, I guess everything's going to be..." Maybe I shouldn't have said that. As we descend to another track, the carts suddenly launch forward. The problem was, the junction ahead of us was leading our carts to different tracks as it constantly switched! "Woah!"

Olivia: "Jesse!" Axel: "No!" Reuben: "*squeal*" Lukas: "Woah!"

Everyone's minecarts separated as they all went in different directions in this really weird contraption. My track went behind a wall of netherrack, now I couldn't even see the others!

Jesse: "Uhhhhhh, Axel? Olivia? Reuben? Lukas? Anybody!?" I was alone in my cart along with an empty one following behind me, but that didn't help. After a while with nothing but the sound of the minecart and the hot temperature of the nether, I finally hear someone, Reubens' distant cry.

The netherwall on my right opens up and parallel to my track, comes another railtrack with 2 minecarts, one with Reuben and the other with a skeleton riding inside it? I'm not even going to question how the skeleton ended up there; I had to help Reuben.

The tracks moved closer the farther we travelled along them, so I was able to get close enough to reach the skeleton. "Hang on, Reuben!" It was trying to shoot Reuben, who was taking cover in his cart. With one quick attack with my sword, I push the skeleton off the cart, sending it to the lava below to burn to death.