Ch. 5.2 - Magnus the Rogue

[Axel's POV]

As I stepped out of the portal, I fell straight to the ground once I realized that the portal frame was floating in midair. As I try to stand up from the sandy floor, I'm immediately blown away from a nearby explosion and bruise my face even further. Wow. I just got to Boom Town and after that terrifying nether ride with all those ghasts too.

After getting up a second time, I hurry over and take cover behind a nearby building. Well, not exactly a building, more of what's left of a building... This place is a literal battlefield. I was in a desert biome with destroyed buildings all over, and there was TNT everywhere, and people were screaming all over the place.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" A crazy person- I mean, a griefer, with a TNT in hand, rushed out of a building and exploded like a sui-! I mean a griefer. And I thought I was crazy with my ideas of havin' fun with life.

Random Griefer: "HEY."

Axel: "AH." I jump when a random man appears behind me.

Random Griefer: "DO YOU WANT TO EXPLODE?"

Axel: "No thanks, I don't quite have 9 lives!" I run away as fast as I can as that person starts chasing me with TNT! This is NOT what I was expecting when I went to get Magnus. His town is literally what its name says it is, if not more! The fuse of the TNT gives up and the man explodes behind me, sending me flying again.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here..." I look up and see a random girl on the roof of a building, evilly staring down at me. "Noobs usually don't last very long..."

Axel: "Um... can you... be nice for once and help me find where Magnus is?" The girl laughs her head off, no, not literally this time.

Griefer Girl: "You don't know how Boom Town works, do you? Though I'm pretty sure you won't last long enough to get this information to be useful to you, Magnus is in that obsidian spiral tower over there, but it's heavily booby-trapped and people have died trying to get in. I kinda pity you all by yourself, newbie. I think you should just go home."

Axel "Sorry, m'lady, but I didn't come all the way here for nothing. And don't call me a newbie! If you're not getting out of my way, then I'll have to push you out!" The girl hasn't changed her confident look.

Griefer Girl: "Hoh? Is that really so? Then I'll just have to take care of you first!" She pulls out her explosives. "My goal is to get to Magnus ALONE, so I have to make sure my chances are the best by eliminating ALL of my competition!!!" She starts throwing her TNT all around the area. You couldn't even describe that as 'running away'. I was basically exploded away from the area.

Maybe I was wrong about my body, but am I glad I have extra layers of fat to protect me from these blasts, otherwise I would've been dead by now. But putting that aside for now, I have to think of a way to get into that tower where Magnus is, and I'm being chased by a crazy lady!!! Now what would the others do in this situation???

What would Petra do? I won't let a few traps get in my way! I'll plow through those ancient devices! No, I don't have her skills. I'll die halfway through if I try that.

What would Jesse do? Take time to digest the situation and create the best solution to the problem. Or just use violence. No, I can't fight violence with violence if they're clearly better at it, and I can't think straight when I'm chased by a crazy person!

What would Olivia do? Think of a way to get around it. It's much better if you don't even have to face the problem. I guess that's my best bet. Man, if only I could just fly over there. Aren't there devices that make such a thing possible?