Ch. 12.3 - Ivor's Lab

[Jesse's POV]

Jesse: "Hey, have you noticed?"

Soren: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jesse: "Inspect these pillars with the items more closely, see? These items aren't just sitting on top of it; they're sitting on this pressure plate on top of the pillar!"

Soren: "So you're telling me something gets triggered once we remove them?"

Jesse: "Well, let's find out." We remove the 5 items from their respective podiums. Some of these items I've never seen before. Soren had to tell me what some of those were. The 5 items were: a ghast tear, 1 block of packed ice, 1 prismarine shard, 1 sea lantern, and... the ender dragon's egg??? "Soren, is this the actual ender dragon's egg?!"

Soren: "Alas... yes. The only thing that remains of our final adventure together..."

Jesse: "Shiny!" As soon as all of the items were removed, a part of one of the walls suddenly came down. Revealed behind that wall were 5 numbered hoppers. If I knew how puzzles worked, we're supposed to put these in a specific order? "What do you think the order of these should be?"

Soren: "Well, all these items were ones that we as the Order collected over the years. I'm guessing it'll be in the order in which we found them first."

Jesse: "Okay then, well, can you remember when you collected all of them?"

Soren: "Uh, let me think... okay, I think I got it. Will you put them in order as I say so?"

Jesse: "Just start telling, okay?"

Soren: "Fine... Okay... I remember that our first official mission as the Order of the Stone was to get these ghast tears. We fought those ghasts for hours... and these tears were our reward."

Jesse: "Wow, are they really that hard to get?"

Soren: "You wouldn't understand if you hadn't fought a ghast before. These things don't always drop, you know."

Jesse: "Wow... and I thought my encounters with ghasts were impressive..."

*plop* Ghast tear in the first hopper.

Soren: "Okay... one of the next missions was to a Ocean Monument... I assume? Ah yes! The Prismarine Shards! We nearly ran out of oxygen getting these! Ellegaard had to use a spare bucket just to grab a few extra breaths!"

Jesse: "Huh, Prismarine... Prismarine is such a cool word. Prizzzzzmarine!" Soren chuckles.

Soren: "But we used most of these to craft a sea lantern, so this is the only shard that remained... oh, yeah! The sea lantern! The very same one the Order built, all those years ago! We were so green back then... It looks just as bright as on the day we crafted it..."

Jesse: "Must've been a chaotic adventure."

Soren: "Yeah... I still remember when we planned that day for so long... what time those must've been..."

Jesse: "Yeah, I can imagine that..."

*plop plop* Prismarine Shard in the second hopper, and Sea Lantern in the third hopper.

Soren: "Oh, the packed ice! We brought it back from the Ice Plains Spikes biome. It was colder there than anywhere we'd ever been -- but Magnus slipped so many times, our laughter kept us warm... After that, we knew we were ready to face the Ender Dragon!"

Jesse: "Yeah... Magnus..." We turn silent for a moment. "Welp, by process of elimination, the dragon egg goes into the last hopper, I guess..."

*plop plop* Packed ice in the fourth hopper. Dragon Egg in the fifth hopper.