Explain😐

I walked into the bar, it was one of those nice Art Deco style bars. A wall of whiskeys, tequilas, vodkas, and more behind the counter Kacchan was sitting at. The bar stools looked like a work of modern art, I was almost scared to sit in them. He waved me over and gestures to the bar stool next to him. I walked passed the tables feeling ridiculous, I felt underdressed and my limp made it worse. I finally made it to the bar after what felt like a walk of shame. He looked flustered and cleared his throat.
"Hey Deku, how've you been?" He tried to smile but he was tense so it didn't quite look right. I almost laughed at his attempted smile but bit the inside of my cheek.
"I've been better." I adjusted my posture. "Why have you brought me here? Why did you ghost me for 6 years?" His lip quivered a bit and he looked my in the eyes.
"You don't know, do you? Who's responsible for your legs?" He looked anxious and somehow more tense than before. I was confused until it finally clicked. I had suspected it for a while but now it felt like a cold hand grabbing at my stomach.
"Kacchan- did you do this to me?" My voice broke in the sentence. I felt cold.
"Deku, please let me explain," his voice sounded more in pain then I'd ever heard it before. "When you went to attack Shigaraki, your hero suit had a huge rip in the leg, and he went to grab you there. If he did... you know. I saw what he was doing, and I couldn't- I couldn't lose you Deku. So I went to blast him and I hadn't realized how close you were and didn't know how large the explosion was. When the smoke clear and I saw you-" His voice got caught. Tears fell from his face. I was crying too, but I hadn't realized until this moment. Then the bar tender chimed in.
"Aw, this is sweet and all, but please order something before I have to ask you to leave." I glared at him. Kacchan wiped his tears and spoke coldly.
"Two lemon waters, now leave us extra." The bartender rolled his eyes and walked the other way. Kacchan cleared his throat again.
"I saw you in that state, minutes away from death, and knowing I did it. The guilt swallowed me alive. When I saw you in that hospital bed, it wasn't like other times. You were barely alive. I couldn't bear it. I was determined to stay in your life, but I couldn't bring myself to try to talk to you after I ruined what you worked your whole life for. I hated myself. I was so young, I regret ever treating you how I did. I still hate myself. I don't forgive myself and you don't have to either. I'm sorry De- Izuku. I ruined your life and I can't fix it. I wish more than anything that I could." Tears fell down his face. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath.
"Kacchan, you- you saved me? I thought you hated me." Tears started streaming down my face. He leaned towards me and wiped one of my tears with his thumb.
"I never did, I loved you with all my heart. You were my best friend. I still love you. It kills me thinking back to how I treated you. I wish I wasn't such a asshole to you. Others yeah because they were annoying but not you." He looked down then to the side. He has a hearing aid? So the doctors were right.
"Kacchan, I love you too. You're my childhood best friend. We can still be friends if you'd like but maybe we should take this conversation to a more private area." I made sure to through friend in there, I don't know how to feel about him right now. I used to crush on him hard but I never knew if he liked men. He nodded and got up from the bar and held out his hand. I took it and he helped me down. I'm short, leave me alone. He let go and started walking to the door with me.
"Did you by chance drive here?" He looked embarrassed and smiled awkwardly.
"Yes, my cars over here. Wanna go to my apartment? I have some food I can make." I started walking to my car.
"Sounds good, I'm starving." He walked by my side, and was almost skipping with joy...