Cause and Effect

I opened my front door and invited Kacchan in. He took off his shoes and hung his coat. He's so different now, yes he is still loud and has extreme vocal fry, but he is respectful and kind. Besides the insults but that's just Kacchan.
"Do you want something to drink? I've got bourbon if you need to kill off nerves." I started walking to the my liquor cabinet. He laughed a bit awkwardly.
"No, maybe some water, I don't drink." He looked at the floor. "I was a drunk dumbass for a while, and it no longer amuses me, so what's the point of killing yourself when the temporary relief only leaves you with more problems in the end?" He ran his fingers through his hair and sat on my love seat. (Deku's apartment is relatively small, so hid kitchen and living room are close to one another. He doesn't have a dining table or bar so he has to eat on the sofa, which is where most of this chapter takes place.) I was shocked. I was so used to him being the guy who brought beer to high school parties. I stepped away from the liquor cabinet and grabbed a glass.
"You know, you're a lot different than you were at 19. You're so much more mature. I'm impressed." I poured us both a glass of water and walked to the living room. I handed him his drink and sat down next to him.

"You really shouldn't be, I'm still a dick but at least I show human decency. After my divorce with Uraraka I changed a lot." He placed the glass on my coffee table.
"You and Uraraka married? You you mind me asking why you divorced?" I tried sounding sympathetic, I have an issue with sounding monotone when showing compassion.
"After about a year I realized I'm gay. I didn't love her that way, but she was very understanding. I just feel bad for hurting her like that, but she got the house, car, and money so I guess she's doing okay." So he is gay. He laid back and released a sharp breathe. I looked at him and frowned.
"Is that why you came here? Took the job as my manager, I mean." If so it explained a lot, I couldn't see him giving up on anything unless he had too.
"Yeah, after your accident I gave up being a hero. I joined a 9-5 office job and settled down. After the divorce I had no other choice. I didn't know you were under my management until this morning. I panicked because I didn't know if you hated me or not." He looked the other way. "Plus there are feelings that I shouldn't feel for you, it feels wrong after abandoning you like that." The last part was nearly under his breathe. Blush started slowly spreading across his face. I could feel my whole body burning up. I went to grab my glass but my hand was starting to shake. I took a long sip, it felt freezing cold compared to my exterior.
"Kacchan- I um... I don't know if I like you like that anymore. I mean I do find you attractive and you have changed quite a bit- I'm gonna stop talking now." I put my face in my palms. That was humiliating. He smirked and exhaled with relief.
"So you think I'm attractive?" He let out a breathy, flirtatious laugh. He leaned forward and put his elbows to his knees. "Deku you've change quite a lot yourself. Your taller than you were, you're still short but not as much. I like what you did with the hair, and the glasses suit you. Your face is less round, you're actually pretty hot." He flashed a small smile, revealing his pearly whites. I felt myself turning redder than I already was.
"Ka- Kacchan, I do you want some dinner? That's why we ca- came here anyway." I got up abruptly and started to go to the kitchen. He got up and followed. Damn it Kacchan sit down.
"That sounds nice, what we making?" He started washing his hands.
"We can make-" I turned around and he was right there. I bumped into his chest and was met with his crimson eyes. We started into eachothers eyes until he leaned in closer...