•3•

_Pamela's pov_

"Your ID?" a relatively attractive bulky man questions as I'm about to walk into the main door of the building.

"Uh- i don't have one... I just started toda- uh... " I stutter as i frantically search my bag for my phone so i could show him the email.

He just stands there looking at me with a stoic face.

"Please step aside if you do not have an ID" he instructs like he has probably done a thousand times.

Fuck.

"Look, this is the email i received yesterday for today." I giggle a little from my choice of words.
"wait, aren't you supposed to question me when I'm inside?"

"No, this is the corporate firm. Not everyone can enter as they please. You could do that in the other branch." He replies making way for me to enter into the building after i frantically wave my phone in his face.

The inside of the building is breathtaking. It looks almost like a hotel. It has undoubtedly expensive furniture and see through elevators. Maybe I'm just poor.

As i walk speedily to the front desk i am met with an extremely pretty lady. Her hair is blonde and neatly trimmed. She looks corporate from her neck up. From her neck down though, her shirt is rather too low to be decent and her cleavage is begging to be free.

"Hello, my name is Pamela Rios and I'm supposed to resume position as the new accountant" i recite to her curtly.

She eyes me up an down while chuckling to herself. I wonder what's so funny.

"They really are running low on proper staff to hire someone like you " she says under her breath.

It's probably smelly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"i question.

"Nothing lady, Mr Martello has been expecting you for what now... Three hours! Lol" she chuckles again. "Take the elevator to the last floor. Now get out of here."

Uncalled for. She literally doesn't even know me the fuck. But pop off i guess.

I take the elevator closest to the bathroom. It was a shorter walk there and less people used that one.

As the elevator doors began to close, a hand made its way in the middle startling me a bit.

"hello missy" an older woman of about forty years greeted as she made her way into the now moving elevator.

"Good morning ma'am" i smile politely pushing my glasses forward.

"Oh please, call me Katie. Katherine but call me Katie. No kat. That sounds much younger. Right?" She inquires giggling to herself.

"I suppose it does?" I laugh nervously.

"Oh you're headed to the last floor! To do what? Ooh you must be Mr knights new personal assistant. Oh wait.. accountant? That must mean you've met that silly Rosa downstairs. " She breathes looking at me curiously.

"Uh yes I'm the new accountant. I did meet some rude lady downstairs. I assume she's the Rosa you speak of." I say politely not wanting to bad mouth Rosa.

"Be careful with her. She's very vain and malicious. Ooh this is my stop. Hope you have a good first day! See your around!"

"Yeah bye" i give a loopy smile.

I didn't even get to know what department she is in. Oh well.

I wonder if Rosa is as bad as Kat said she is. I mean yeah i already got a rude vibe from her but maybe it's the weather? Lmao no? Okay.

I better start worrying about my own problems cause right now I'm three hours and thirty minutes late!

My boss is definitely going to kill me. I winder who he is? Hopefully he's not some old pedo .

my thoughts are dismissed when the elevator opens to the last floor and I'm met with a very large office and handsom- sexy looking god in front of me.

Oh no. It's Martello Knight.

♣♣♣♣
Chapter 3,
Like, vote, comment

Dm me if you have any suggestions