•5•

_Pamela's pov_

Yesterday was horrible. I expected work to be super chill but what do I get? Martello knight! The cockiest bastard on planet earth.

If i had to listen to him send me on another errand across the building i wasn't even familiar with, i would probably just lose my mind.

For God sake i literally just started working there yesterday!

He acts like he has some personal beef with me. Lunatic.

Today, i woke up to a text from Saint. He's practically my new alarm clock.

After being extremely late yesterday he promised to send me texts every morning before he goes to the gym for his usual morning exercise. Sometimes i wish i was as dedicated as he was.

$aintbaby👺❤️

S: rise and shineeee
P: nooo i can't go to that hell hole again
P: I'm running crazy
S: you've always been crazy bitch you're just meeting your match now lmao
P: fuck you bitch
S: yk you love me
P: a little too much

$aintbaby👺❤️ left chat

Getting ready for work probably shouldn't take a lot of effort for me, but after yesterday I've decided to look much professional.

My hair is in a neat bun accompanied with some hair clips and accessories. I'm wearing a matching skirt and blazer as requested by Martello with black heels that match my bag.

I probably should turn up to work with sweatpants just to be funny, but for now I really can't afford to mess up. I kinda need the money to move into an apartment of my own.

"Mom I'm leaving!" I yell at the front door.

"Eat breakfast first" she mumbles as she comes down the stairs facing me.

Some months before graduating, i was diagnosed with an eating disorder. To be very honest, i personally knew i didn't have one. Yes i was malnourished but that was only because my boyfriend at the time had gave me a crap load of shit on how fat i was.

Maybe i should be grateful to him today for the help. I was always never good enough for my exes.

My mum noticed really early. She was the one who took me to the hospital. I just went with it although i knew i wasn't starving myself.

"Later. I'll grab a coffee on the way." I kiss her cheek and head for the nearest coffee shop.

I'm surprised there is a coffee shop around this corner. I don't think i ever noticed it. It's small but warm and comfortable. I should probably come here more often.

The theme of the cafe seems to be a cool cream and brown shade with white and black tables and chairs.

I approach the cash register area to put in my order while selecting from the variety of options listed in front of me.

"What can I get you?" A fairly attractive man asks me as he sends me a wink.

If it was before, i probably would have flirted along but after my old relationships, I'm completely uninterested.

Relationships are not my forte. I had to realize that the hard way. Maybe I'm the one picking the toxic dudes. They were either mentally abusive or extremely sexist and Narcissist. Big egos aren't sexy.

After leaving those relationships i came to the conclusion that I'd probably never try again. I'm happy being single if it means i get peace of mind.

"I'll have the mocha frappe if i were you" a handsome looking man i hadn't noticed beside me says.

"Hm and what's so special about that one?" I inquire a bit interested.

"Has more taste. You'll probably never want to drink any other coffee after you try it" he laughs a little after seeing my amused face."That is only if you want it though."

"No i think I'll have that actually. I didn't have a particular one in mind anyway." I reply quickly pulling my frames towards my face. stupid glasses.

"Are you sure thats what you want to get?" The cashier who was flirting with me before asks with a tense look.

"Uhm yeah I'll have the mocha frappe with extra foam and cream" i reply giving him a dollar.

"No. I'll pay. " The man from earlier jumps in before i can give the bill.

"I couldn't. It's fine... Uh-" i stutter coming to the realization that i hadn't gotten his name.

"Leonardo" he states hesitantly. "It's really not a problem to be honest."

"Thank you" i blush a little. I can't remember the last time someone bought me something without a second thought.

We both make way to a table as we wait for the coffee and brownies Leonardo ordered.

"Not a lot of girls wear them anymore." He says out of the blue.

"Huh? Oh- i actually misplaced my contacts yesterday. I dint usually wear them." My face heats up as i realize i probably sound careless.

"Pardon me if i sound forward but i think they make you look cute. " He shyly says.

"Thank you Leonardo." I reply.
"I like your tattoos by the way"

"Thanks" he laughs a little.

"Here is your order" the waiter hands us our plastic cups and we begin our way outside.

No! My car! He's going to see my ugly car!

Just kidding i couldn't care less.

"Well it was nice meeting you Leonardo and thanks for the coffee" I say as we walk towards my car.

"It was definitely no problem. I'll maybe see you around..." He says giving me a small smile and walking towards an extremely expensive car after I get in mine.

I wonder what he does? This car is a Tesla model. What the fuck. But again.. maybe I'm just poor.

Without another thought i start my engine and drive towards the Knight&Castillo firm to face my arrogant boss.

♣♣♣♣
Chapter 5,
Like, vote, comment ♥

If you have any suggestions please feel free to dm me♥