For A While

Gaege Pov

No one hires me that night. Probably because I was gone around the time that I normally do to get food for myself and some of the really needy homeless people. There isn't very many people that pass by, but a few people hand out some money to the group of us. I snuggle up onto some old crushed cardboard boxes and try to sleep in the cold weather. When I awake in the morning, there's someone standing over me.

"E-eddie? What're you doing here?" I ask as I sit up.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok," Eddie scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Is this the guy," my friend leans over to ask.

"Shh," I whisper back. "Oh, thanks but I can handle myself pretty well, I've been doing this for a while."

"Oh, yeah I assumed that but I also wanted to pay for another night. Well day now. I wanted to come last night but then I got swamped with work and by the time I showed up, you weren't here. So I left," Eddie says.

"Oh, I was getting some food with the money from 2 nights ago. And trying to help out my "neighbors" here, this is Eddie by the way guys," I say.

"Hi Eddie," a lot of voices chime in. Eddie awkwardly waves to them.

"So? Are you free?"

"If you're paying," I say as a joke but it's still kinda true. I stand up and make sure all my money is in my pockets. Even though I've known these people for a long time, I still can't always trust them. "Ok, I'm good to go." Eddie seems just as nervous as a few nights ago and I feel bad about it. I follow him out of the alleyway.

Hope you guys liked it! I was asked for it so. More to come! Luv you guys!!!!!!!!!!!