Chapter 4

"Shapey?"

Orel couldn't believe it! The last time he heard from his brother was.. well.. the day he left. He was both incredibly happy and guilty.

"Holy.. wow! Oh wow, I can't believe it's you!" He laughed, attempting to keep his voice down so his coworkers wouldn't stare. "Yeah I'm lucky I found you if I'm being honest." The blonde laughed over the phone, sounding more like the coach Orel knew in his childhood.. Which honestly freaked him out.

"How are you? It's been forever!" Orel giggled, a bit of his childhood self coming out in those laughs. "I'm good.. listen, I'm not alone right now. I have someone who wants to talk with you." Shapey sighs, it's clear some regret is forming from this conversation. A moment of silence and all the sudden..

"Orel?" A gentle feminine voice asks over the phone. Orels eyes went wide, body shaking from the anxiety rising back up. "..mom.." Orel replied in an out of breath tone. If this wasn't God's timing, then whatever this was is playing games with his mind. "Orel, Hi. How are you, dear?" Bloberta asked her son, her voice not changing a bit after all these years. "I-I'm good mom.. gosh.... wait." His heart stopped. After so long, why are they calling now? Did something happen to his mother? One of his brothers? Or worse?

"Is everything alright?" Orel asked, his worry clear in his voice.
"We want you to come back, just for a little bit.. it's your father."
No. Absolutely not. Never in a million years.
"The doctors are saying he doesn't have much time left. It would be best for you to come and say goodbye."
Not an ounce of emotion in that woman's voice. Orel sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Mom, give the phone to Shapey." Orel groaned out. "I know.. just think about it, okay?" Shapey begged. Orel thought for a moment and shook his head "I.. goodbye."

Orel hung up the phone.

Well there goes his mood. What was he supposed to say? "No thanks, old man!" He couldn't.. could he? Is he that person? He knew who he had to consult, and she was just a button away.