Chapter 6 (CW: Blood, yelling, Clay being Clay)

The door slammed, and the car taking Orel and Christina zoomed off into the mystery that was Moralton roads. For the last time he had been outside his small town was the hunting trip, or as he called it "True Nature's being Exposed."

Clay picked the pieces of broken glass off the floor, cutting himself after a short while which only got him angrier. All he saw was red. His only son, gone. Clay could care less, but he knew that wasn't true at all. This only meant one thing, people would be talking. Clay couldn't stand the glares and whispers whenever he would enter a room or even leave his own house.

Clay swore it was the alcohol, maybe the devil, or perhaps it was just his true nature coming out. Whatever it was sent his fist into the drywall of his home. Barely feeling the pain from the cuts he got and the new bruises on his knuckles. Once he pulled his fist out the wall, he took a long look at it. Longer than he liked. He eventually just broke down, barely getting breaths in from his sobs.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs, eventually stopping in the middle of the steps. Big and scared eyes silently watched the grown man as he grieved the loss. One could theorize it was because he had a feeling that was the last interaction between the father and son, but that was far from it. "Look what he did to me!" Clay sobbed, getting up and shaking in anger. "My good glasses, my wall.. my son.." This made him go silent. All he could do was lean on the wall and fall to the ground.

Upstairs wasn't much better. Bloberta hadn't broken her glance from the wall she stared at with her glassy eyes. All she could do was shed her tears, silently crying on the foot of her bed. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't supposed to be her life. All she wanted to do was help others, help Clay. The only thing Bloberta could say in a gentle whisper was "Why."

The two boys of the puppington family shared a silent glance. The blonde took the red heads hand and smiled gently at him, and they shared a solitary moment in eachothers company. They'd get out soon too.

But for now they had eachother. Brothers stayed together, after all.