Young'n Books📚

I got sat down young with the giants Malcolm n Maya, Monster Cody books that inspired higher when I was low, encyclopedia of black history introduction to philosophy's, Martin, Marcus Garvey I was stuck with time to go, what opened up was my mind Detroit Red doing crime poems like "Still I Rise" coldest winter, Donald Goines, the darkest gutters in BMore Careful, Sistah Soulja n Kwan, had me armed with a weapon my brain was blown, reading them stories, I was young in my teens "eyes on the prize" planted seeds, of who I truly could be, if I only believed, my roots was slaves n banned to read, Harriet Tubman left a trail to lead, Nat Turner was a Panther before Bobby n Huey, PAC n Biggie was tragic, but what they taught me was magic, how to put it in a rhyme, all the things in my mind, Lost Poets creators, James Brown got down, Gil Scott Heron wordplay, Billie Holiday made me cry, Strange fruit while hanging Nas it was written Reasonable doubt is what my young ears was hearing I was listening. How could I stay small? Yet in all, they shaped my life, shit I knew wasn't right, gave me insight to fight the temptations of razor blades n plates n knowing the price, the traps they placing in the projects like we some damn mice war on crime war on drugs wars on US. Fighting over colors they fighting cause we colored blessed for every page that crossed my path still asking Why?!? I wondered why the caged bird singed still freeing my mind.