𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

______________________

{ Freedom }

Chapter Four - Season 2 Episodes 1-2 The walking dead Written By Indigo ______________________

Chapter Four -
Season 2 Episodes 1-2
The walking dead
Written By Indigo
______________________

"What's a five-letter word for old?" Glenn asks out loud, adjusting the newspaper in his hands. He has now migrated from the large passenger seat to the small table in the back.

"Shane" Mercedes' said simply, her head resting on her palm. A small chuckle could be heard from dale as Glenn scribbled down the answer on the paper.

"hey-" Shane warned. all mercy could do was laugh at her father's attempts.

Shane had insisted that he ride with the three of them since he had to make sure their guns were in order, and he wanted to keep a close eye on the two young adults.

Mercedes didn't care though, she didn't mind the extra company, especially with Andrea joining them as well. The group silently decided that what would be best would be for someone to have an eye on her at all times. Kinda like a suicide watch. no one trusted her after what she did at the CDC.

the two adults continued to talk about the guns that the group owned, even showing Andrea cool features about her own. Glenn on the other hand was scribbling at the newspaper, making small doodles in the corners once the crossword was finished up.

"Oh jeez," Dale exclaimed. Mercedes lifted her head from her hands, looking out in front of them. Shane also moved forward, a firm hand on the pass anger seat to keep balance.

In front of them, there was a large semi truck on its side. there was no space for the group to go through. Daryl turned around on his motorcycle, stopping at dales window.

"See a way through?" The older man asked. Daryl just nodded his head towards the scene in front of them. Dale nodded back. Mercedes really hoped that one day she can figure out how to crack this silent language. she never understood how simple nods can tell someone an answer to their questions.

Glenn quickly pulled out a map and shoved Mercedes to the side so they were once again sharing the passenger seat. He glanced at the map in its entirety.

"uh- maybe we should just go back. there's an interstate bypass—" Glenn started.

"Can't spare the fuel." Dale interrupted. Glenn fell silent, but he continued to look at the small map.

Daryl began to drive through the cars. It almost seemed as if there was a built-in pathway for them. Dale followed the younger man, keeping a steady pace and making sure not to hit any of the cars.