🇺🇸HOSPITAL (SARAH'S EVIDENCES)

Jake's POV

I opened my eyes again and I saw that nurse was standing in front of my bed.

Nurse: Good morning, Mr. Danford - She smiled - How do you feel today?

Jake: Today? - I looked at her questioningly - You've already asked me that.

Nurse: You both fell asleep yesterday morning and slept all day and all night - She laughed - I asked about it yesterday.

Jake: Really? - I sighed - So, I see that I was really exhausted.

Nurse: I'm not even surprised. When painkillers stop working, patients most often go to bed because of the fatigue - She changed my IV - Yesterday, I felt very sorry for Elena - She sighed - The injection has made her so tired that she's still sleeping.

Jake: Yes - I sighed and looked at her - I know. Was that one-time situation?

Nurse: Unfortunately not - She looked at me - Liam Williams hurt Elena's leg, which was previously injured. A massive infection had spread to the wound. This is a very dangerous condition, you know...

Jake: I don't know if I can bear her suffering again - All the time I was looking at sleeping Elena.

Nurse: She is very strong, Mr. Danford...

Jake: Just Jake - I smiled at her - Yesterday I didn't have the strength to think about it, but please call me Jake. I think we're trapped here for the next few days, so let's skip the formalities - I laughed.

Nurse: I'll remember about it - She smiled at me - So, this time is your turn - She pulled out the syringe.

Jake: What's this time? - I groaned.

Nurse: You have inflammation somewhere in your body because you have a fever - She grabbed my hand carefully, but I hissed in pain anyway - We gotta get the fever down - She opened the injection - I will hurt.

Jake: I'm a big boy - I laughed.

As soon as I said that I immediately regretted that. The pain was huge, but I didn't want to be loud so as not to wake Elena up. I gritted my teeth and just hissed.

Nurse: Done - She tossed the syringe in the trash.

Jake: Could you please hand me my phone? I need to call someone.

Nurse: Are you able to hold the phone to your ear? - She looked at me questioningly.

Jake: No, I will use my headphones. My friend gave me, some kind... - I laughed.

Nurse: I see - She laughed and handed me my phone and my headphones - Here.

Jake: Thank you - I smiled and took my phone.

I was able to using my phone as long as my arm was lying on the bed. I hardly put on my headphones and unlocked my phone. I narrowed my eyes, because I saw a lot of notifications and one is from... Jasmine? When I read her message I immediately called her, but she didn't answer the phone. Then, I saw that Luka called me 5 times. Okay, something must have happened, that's for sure. I dialled Luka's number and I heard his voice immediately.

Luka: Hello, Jake - He sighed - How do you feel?

Jake: What happened? - I said firmly.

Luka: Nothing - He hissed angrily.

Jake: Where's Jasmine? I tried calling her, but she...