Freedom.

I woke up to the blinding light from joes lamps that seeped through the lampshades of joes place. I let out a loud groan as I struggled to open my eyes, my head pounding with a strong headache from what I assume from the glasses of wine. Or dehydrated from crying.

"Morning sleepyhead," I heard Joes voice echo through my ears.

I sat up on the couch, rubbing my eyes to push the sleep away.

Joe, my best friend since we were children, smiled as he handed me a cup of coffee. "You don't look amazing."

"Thanks," I grumbled as I took the coffee and downed half of it quickly. "What coffee is this for today."

Joe chuckled. "Only one for me this morning already."

"Good, I don't know if I could handle a hyper Joe today." I laughed as I got used to the amount of light in the room.

"How long have you been up?" I ask trying to remember if I wore contacts or not.

Joe shrugged softly, a half tired grin on his face. "I woke up hours ago, took a long bath, and drank a very disgusting smoothie, then washed the smoothie down with coffee."

I let out a weak laugh. "I should try your morning routine."

"You feel any better?"

"Mentally or physically?" I ask as I rub my forehead getting up after finishing my coffee.

"Let's spice it up, tell me both." Joe says I laugh.
"Physically I have a pounding headache, I can feel a bruise on my side. But mentally my heads reeling with things to process, especially how dumb I am for not leaving him. Have you heard from kit? What did he do last night?" I ask not remembering what happened after I heard him run out of joes place.

I go into the bathroom and Joe sits on a rocker, I take some Tylenol and I walk back. "Thank you for these clothes by the way."

"No problem, it's not like you take my jumpers or blankets when you come over to watch awfully bad horror movies."

I dramatically put my hand over my heart and gasp "I take that personally"

"Kit texted me last night, he got a pretty serious lecture. His mum was mad but he explained what happened.

"Wait- what did happen??" I ask as worry fills my face.

"You don't remember?" Joe says stupidly.

I put one hand on my hip, "yes because this is the face of someone who remembers. What happened with kit?"

Joe sighs and tells me to sit down. I do what he says and sits down on his couch.

"Jay, when kit left the house after he heard us talking about the marks on your body. He beat up your boyfriend, and now your boyfriend left and all his stuff is gone and moved off set and nobody's seen him since."

What.
The.
Fuck.

"H-he's gone?" I choke out. I'm overcome by emotions. I can't even recognize which ones effect me the most, happy that he's gone? Sad because he didn't say goodbye? Mad that I'm sad about him leaving?

Joe nods silently.

I'm free. My legs feel wobbly and I crash onto his hardwood floor and start to cry. Thoughts race throughout my head as Joe sits right next to me and gives me a tight hard hug.
He's gone.
Im free,
Nobody can hurt me anymore,
He can't hurt me anymore.

"Do you want to go see kit?" Joe asks.

Unlike the moment before one thought ran through my mind.
Why would he ask that?

As much as I wanted to stay on the floor with Joe hugging me I suppose I owe kit a thank you. For protecting me even though nobody asked him too.

"okay.. you think his mum would let be there?" I stop crying and wipe my tears off my face with joes shirt sleeve that he gave me.

Joe shrugs as he stands up and grabs his car keys.
Okay let's go to kits then.

Authors note -
Sorry for the little break I failed at doing an audition for choir so I was crying for the past few days LMAO
My mom gave me kettle corn so I'm all better again