Sweet dreams

Here I am, up at 1 am, kicking my feet up giggling at a wattpad story when kit dms me.

"Why are you active on Instagram"  he dm's me right as i turn it on for a second, goddamn. I take a minute  to respond "why are YOU active on Instagram?" Rebutting his question with another question. "I'm not tired. How was the rest of your birthday? You never told me about it :)" he texts back.

"It was good! I went to see Elvis then went dancing 💃" I smile remembering the party and slamming my face into my pillow.

I take a few minutes to text again while editing it 50 times. "Hey kit? Why'd you do that yesterday." I slam my phone to the side of me. I chew at my fingernails waiting for my phone to buzz again.

"Do what?" ugh. "Yk what" I reply right away annoyed with his dumb act. "Ahh. The kiss" Wow it finally clicked inside his head!! I realize my phone is at 2%. "Shit shit shit shit" I mutter quickly as I try to find my charger.

"People had to see us kiss or they were gonna find it suspicious, you know how people crave personal life's. Sorry for not explaining more into the situation." I frown knowing I did it again. I read to much into a situation again. I thought he kissed me because he wanted to kiss me, not because he wanted people to believe it. It worked though, I believed it.

As I lift my phone up to reply I just send a simple oh. I start to drift off so I turn on some calming music.

_______dreaming💭

I sit by a tree reading under the shade when my mom walks up. "Hi mom" I smile. "Hey baby." She sits right next to me. She brushes my hair back.

"I always loved having your hair clipped back." She says, I got the curly hair from her. "Mom I was little when I had my hair clipped back." I smile leaning my head on her. "I know, so what's new in your life?"
She coos.

"I have a boyfriend, well kinda." I explain the situation and she listens. "That's a pretty complicated situation. Are you up for it?" She squeezes my hand and I almost cry. "I think so! But I don't know if he likes me or not, it's like one moment we're acting like we're In love with eachother than another where I'm reminded it's all fake. I'm drowning in a fake relationship."

My mom sighs before answering. "Follow your heart hunny. If you get hurt, you get hurt. But always come back stronger."

"I guess so mom." I say sad. "Sooo is the boy cute?" She asks and I laugh. All of a sudden we see kit walking up all dressed up. "That's him mom. That's my boy." "Oh he is cute. You did good, better than I did with dad" she laughs. God I miss that laugh.

Kit walks up and shakes my moms hand. "May I have permission to dance with your daughter." He asks politely and nods. I look at her weird for nodding. She hugs me tight and let's me go.

Suddenly it's just me and kit as He wrapped his arm around me and found his hand on my waist, causing me to shudder from his touch that made my nerves were fireworks exploding.

We're in dance room now, and slow music is playing as I wrap my arms around neck pulling us closer.
The weird electric and mushy feeling that was taking over my body made me smile and lean my head onto his shoulder. We moved our bodies swaying slowly to the music, moving together in a perfect rhythm.

When we stop dancing i look up at kit and I see he's already staring at my lips. "Now who's looking at me-"  I start to laugh but he stops me. He drops his hand and cups my cheek kissing me and my whole world freezes. I kiss back forgetting to breathe.

When we pull back I feel like I'm ontop of the world. Like there is nothing to worry about because it's just us. Me and him. I could stay here forever.

_________________________________

I wake up abruptly heaving for air covered in sweat. What was that dream even mean? I check my phone and it's 4 am and a dm from kit saying sweet dreams before I fell asleep.

Authors note-

i literally keep forgetting what days it is my birthday is in like 9 days (July 30) and I'm excited.

Late by 19 minutes I guess because 19 minutes ago it was Wednesday still