7. Jump (Nessie's POV)

I awoke to dark graphite eyes.

I sat up and pulled the drawing off my face. I studied the sketch. It was one of my first, a wolfy Jacob in mid growl. He had this wild and fierce look in his eyes, and behind him in the distance was a figure. She was thin and timid and scared, but she was foggy and unknown.

She was me.

The picture must have fallen off my board, but I just let it fall to the floor. I'd just pick it up later. Now I wanted to see Jake.

I walked over to my window and looked down at the yard. There was Jake in wolf form, stalking around in front of the house. I wanted to go downstairs and throw my arms around his neck and never let him go.

I pushed open my window smoothly, and climbed out onto the roof. The ground was three stories below me, but I was a half vampire. I could do this. I got to the gutter and jumped down to the second level roof, and then I jumped.

I envisioned myself landing and running up to Jake. Then I would throw my arms around him and never let go.

It didn't happen that way, though. I fell with a sickening crack onto the ground and clutched my leg. It burned.

Jake ran right over to me. He gave me a look, then ran off into the woods to change. When he came back, he was topless, and he had a concerned expression on his face. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"My leg." I said, wincing.

"Don't ever do that again." he said, with a pained expression playing on his face. "I don't think Carlisle left yet. Let me go get him."

He ran inside, leaving me alone on the grass.

I only had to wait a minute for him to come back with Carlisle, and my mom and dad. They both ran over to me.

"Sweetie, what happened? Are you okay? What did you hurt? How did you hurt yourself? You're lucky Jake was out here to see you, so he could get Carlisle!" she gushed.

"My leg." I said simply.

Carlisle came over to look at me.

"Well, it's definitely broken," he told my mom. "Edward, bring her upstairs to my office. I think I have an x-ray machine up there we can use so we can set her in a cast."

My dad scooped me up and carried me inside the house. I was careful to not let my hands touch him. It would be to embarrassing for me to project all my thoughts to him. Only to late did I realize that I already had. He knew about me trying to sneak out and see Jake.

I kicked myself.

"I'm sorry Dad, I thought I could do it safely, I mean, you could do it, so why couldn't I? I'm so so sorry! I'm a horrible daughter! I shouldn't of gone out on the roof! I should have just taken the stairs."