15. Confrontations Stink (Bella's POV)

15. Confrontations Stink (Bella’s POV)

I opened up the closet and started searching for blankets. I was setting up Ness’s sick bed on the couch, this way we could always keep an eye on her. At all times.

I took a few red and white blankets, and also a few white pillows. I carried them downstairs, and set them on the couch. I started unfolding them and spreading them out.

Alice then walked into the room. “What are you doing, Bella?”

I stared at her. “You have got to be kidding me. What do you mean, what am I doing? Are you and Rosalie so self-absorbed that you can’t even look up to see your niece who is bleeding to death? And also disappeared under your watch? Now, an hour later, you’re asking me ‘What are you doing?’ Your niece got dragged away from this house and you don’t even bother going outside to check on her. She almost died. And all you can ask is ‘What are you doing?”

Alice wore a hurt expression on her face. But I didn’t care. I was on a roll here.

“Bella, what are you talking about?” She sounded ready to cry.

“I am talking about the fact that your niece has three broken bones, two new casts, and bled all over the place.”

She still looked stunned.

“Now, Alice, if you’d excuse me, I’m going outside to hunt down whatever hurt my daughter.” I pushed past her and ran out the door.

I’m not the aggressive type. I’m not the angry type. I’m not the grudge-holding type. I’m the passive, freak-out type. And confronting people is not my thing. Maybe, when the time came, I would talk to someone about something.

But part of me couldn’t forgive Alice, couldn’t forget, that she could see the future. She could have seen Renesmee getting kidnapped. I knew she wouldn’t just walk off herself. If only for the cast.

But this type of confrontation I could do. The type that means I’m confronting the person who hurt my family.

I can totally do that.

I kept running, double as hard.

I hate confronting people. I’m not that type of person. I hate yelling, and screaming, and being angry.

But now, I was on fire. I was ready to explode.

I started running as fast as I could. I had to get to the river. I had to get to Edward. I had to destroy the creature that dared to hurt my daughter.

I’ve never run as fast as I’ve run today. I’ve never had to before. I hope I never have to again.

I wanted to rip that creature to shreds, for even daring to lay a finger on my daughter.