||29||

"Blood and cologne on the fragrance. Cause if you deal with me, I know you know what pain is." - Bad Luck by Khalid.

" - Bad Luck by Khalid

Beep. Beep

What an agrivating sound. The same high-pitched noise repeating itself over and over. Placed to closely to her left ear, she wanted to slip back into sleep, just to avoid it. Her eyes remained closed. Cautious.

Muffled chatter could be heard from outside the room, series of footsteps passing through the hallway every so often. Her nose crinkled as her scent of smell became awoke, the strong stench on stale coffee and clinical cleanliness filled her nostrils.

That confirmed it. She was in a hospital.

Tori didnt like hospitals much. There were so many ambient, slightly annoying noises, and bad intoxciating smells that clung to the air. Devastating news was broke to families, as well as the loss of lives in this very building.

Tori felt soft silk beneath her fingertips, her back felt like it was floating upon a cloud, it was much softer than her bed back home. There was a tightness around her head, she couldnt work out what exactly it was but it wasnt exactly comfortable. The last thing you could feel was a coldness in her right palm. It held her hand tightly, with a softness.

The door to the room opened, the muffled chatter outside growing louder for a moment, before dimming down as the door closed. Soft heels clicked across the floor towards her. Tori kept her eyes closed, not feeling at all sociable and still rather disorientated.

She nearly winced as the nurse tugged at the tube in her arm. The machines beside made a few noises, as the nurse adjusted settings.

"Still asleep, hmm." The nurse muttered, seemingly speaking to herself as she checked her clipboard.
"That poor young man, he's been asleep in that chair for hours."

Tori wanted to open her eyes that second, and check who was sat beside her. Who had stayed by her side? The hand holding her's was rather big compared to hers. Definitely a hand she had held before, many times. She tried to control her heartrate as she grew excited.

The nurse walked out the room not long after, closing the door softly behind her. Tori felt the person behind her shift, slightly. Judging by the new position he held her hand in, she assumed he sat himself up in the chair. Was he pretending to be asleep?

Tori slowly opened her eyes, taking a moment to blink a few times. She remained still, afraid to move her head because how tight it felt, so heavy. Her eyes looked straight ahead, taking in the small, cosy hospital room. She glanced to her arm, a long tube trailing from below her bicep where it pierced her skin, her eyes followed the tube down, her eyes landed on the pale hand that gripped hers. Her eyes trailed up, landing on Jasper's face. His eyes were closed, as he sat beside her in an uncomfortable chair, head facing her.