||24||

"No matter how i try, My love i cannot hide..."
I can't help myself - Four Tops

"I can't help myself - Four Tops

Arriving at Jasper's room in seconds, Tori turned to face him, her dainty hand still within his grip

Arriving at Jasper's room in seconds, Tori turned to face him, her dainty hand still within his grip. Amber eyes met shimmering gold, as Tori observed him.

"Okay, I'm going to slowly unmute Bella's heartbeat, do you think you can handle it?"
Jasper smiled faintly, a curt nod following. Tori returned the smile, eyes glistening as she concenrated on the rhymatic beating of the human's heart. Jasper kept his eyes locked with Tori's, as he slowly began to hear the soft heartbeat from the other floor. Surprisingly, he didnt feel at all uneasy like he had expected. It was a uninteresting as the dripping of a tap.

Tori's amber eyes stopped shimmering as she completed the task, looking up at Jasper expectedly. Jasper's smile stretched slighlty as he took a step closer, letting go of her hand to place his gently around her waist, settling against the flat of her back. She sunk into his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you sweetheart."

Tori blushed at the nickname, the way it rolled off his tongue in that southern drawl. His chest rumbled with a laugh at the quickened heartrate from the dainty girl in his arms. Tori pulled back enough to gaze up at the handsome blonde. He lowered his chiseld jaw, meeting her gaze with a loving smile.

"Well now that my cowboy is calm and all, what do you want to do?" Tori asked, taking a moment to glance around his room. Jasper felt the non-existent heat rush to his cheeks at the sound of "my cowboy".

"That's up to you darlin." Jasper responded, not minding what they did at all. He was content spending his time with her no matter what they did. Tori looked back at Jasper, a thoughtful expression taking over her face. Suddenly, her little nose twitched, her eyes closing as a heavenly smell waffled through the air. Her amber eyes snapped back open, a wide smile adorning her face as she sprinted out the door, down the stairs and into the kitchen. Esme looked up from her place behind the counter, a knowing smile on her face as she sprinkled a little cheese onto the plate of italiano. Tori rushed to the stool, an excited a grin on her lips as she waited for Esme to place the plate in front of her.

"I cant believe I almost forgot you was cooking Esme!" Tori exclaimed, picking up her fork and twirling the spaghetti around it. Esme giggled, smiling happily as the girl began to enjoy the meal.

"Alice told me you would be joining us too, so I made sure to make some extra." Tori felt her heart fil with warmth at the caringness Esme showerd towards her. Tori looked at the extra amount in the bowl, still there on the counter. "Is Bella going to join us?"

"Edward has taken her out for a few minutes, I'm sure they'll be back soon, I could hear her stomach rumbling." Esme chuckled at the end, earning a small laugh from the Octavian. Esme rubbed the small girl's shoulder gently before leaving the room. It was only now that Tori realised she was alone in the once full kitchen. Emmett and Rosaline must have left the room not long after Jasper and herself had left. Alice has disappeared and of course, Edward and Bella had left only moments ago to "monkey around". Tori took the chance to pull her phone out of her jacket pocket, sending a quick text with one hand, whilst the other continued to fork the delicious meal.
_____________________________________

Tori:  Hey Forte, Are you still coming to the Cullens?
Sent at 14:38pm

Forte: Hey Piccolina, Carlise is busy until this evening, so I'm going to catch up with him later today.
Sent at 14:40pm

Tori sighed, placing her phone back into her pocket. She was happy Forte finally had the time to catch up with Carlise, she just wished he could be here with her. Tori finished her meal not long after, placing her plate and cutlery in the dish-washer. Tori made her way up the stairs towards Jasper's room, feeling a little guilty for running out so abruptly for food. Tori placed her hand against the large wooden door, slowly pushing it open. Shyness seemed to overtake the petite girl, as she layed her eyes on the blonde figure, his back facing her. She slowly walked into the room, trying to ignore the heat rising to her cheeks.

"Hey Jaz, it was a little impolite of me to just-"
Tori paused, taking a moment to look at the room. Blankets were layed on the large blue checkered sofa, the curtains were pulled, making the room dark. A little lamp in the corner gave off a warm amber glowe as well as the bright light from the T.V on the other side of the room. Jasper had changed into black sweats with a black t-shirt to match. He turned to face Tori, a lopsided smile on his lips.

"I made the room more appropriate for a movie." He spoke softly, his smile widening as her emotions were revealed to him. Embarrassment, surprisement, happiness...

Jasper stepped closer, his perfect posture seeming to tower over Tori despite them being him still being quite a few feet away.

"Is everything alright doll?" He tilted his head to the side, eyes kind as he watched her face form into a bright smile.
"Oh yeah, I'm okay." She nodded, "I didnt realise how rude it mustve seemed for me to just run out the room earlier, without a word..." Tori blushed, scatching her arm nervously, "But I wasnt expecting to come back and see all of this set up!"

Jasper chuckled at how intriguing the girl before him was. He didnt find it rude or inpolite that she had left the room abruptly. If anything he found it adorbale, and was pleased she felt comfortble enough to run around the house as it were her own. He reached his hand out towards her, not surprised when she placed hers in his immediately.

"Not at all, are you feeling full?" Tori nodded, following Jasper as he lead her towards the cosy-looking sofa. "I thought we could watch a movie or two while we wait for Edward and Bella to return." Tori hopped onto the sofa, a bright smile on her face as she lifted a blanket, placing over her body.

"Sounds good Jaz." Jasper smiled, pleased with himself. He sat beside Tori, though leaving quite a gap between the pair. He wanted to be pressed against the girl's side, letting her lean on him; but he didnt want to make her uncomfortable. This really was the first time the pair are hanging out in this cosy type of setting. Tori did notice the distance between them, glancing at Jasper's bashful expression he tried to conceal as he passed her the remote. Tori bit her lip to hold back her giggle, accepting the remote and began flipping through the movie options.

It didnt take long for Tori to find the perfect film. Pressing play, she set the remote on the table beside her, and snuggled back into the sofa. She felt eyes on her that she tried to ignore, fighting the smile off her face.

"Shrek-"

"ITS A GOOD FILM OKAY!" Tori intrerrupted, a sheepish grin on her face. Jasper chuckled at her enthusiam, fighting the urge to call out her cuteness then and there.

They both focused on the movier, atleast for awhile... Jasper couldnt help but risk a glance at the octavian beside him, her amber eyes glued to the screen, wide and intrigued. Jasper had spent many moments with the girl, but this one was definitely close to top three. Her mouth hung open slightly when an interesting scene played out, her eyes dancing across the screen, trying to catch up with the charcters.

Tori turned to face him, her noticing the sweet smile upon his face. She shuffled closer, till her shoulder rest against his upper arm. Jasper looked down at her, his hand raisng to rest against her cheek, his thumb caressing her soft cheek bone. Tori struggled to keep her eyelids from fluterring at the delicate touch of his cold skin against hers. There was so much he wanted to say, to the sweet girl sitting so close to him. So many words filled his head day-today, even when she wasnt around. But with her in front of him now, the words didnt want to escape the safety of his mind. He glanced at her rosy plump lips, finding himself leaning in without thinking. There lips brushed against eachother, just before they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

Jasper pulled back slightly, feeling a sigh in his chest as he gazed at the girl, longingly. Tori, with wide doe eyes, leaned upwards, pressing a chasty kiss to the corner of his mouth before turning to grab the remote, pausing the movie.
"Come in..." Jasper called, his expression neutral unlike his emotions. Tori turned to face the door as it opened, her flushed cheeks exposed. She smiled as the pixe-like vampire walked into the room.

"Hey lovebirds, Bella is back, if you'd like to talk to her Tori." Alice grinned, twisting herself side-to-side in excitemnet. Tori felt like her cheeks were about to fall off, from the heat that kept building up. She cleared her throat, standing up to uncrinkle her outfit. She nodded at Alice, not trusting her voice. Alice gave a curt nod, glancing at Jasper briefly before exiting his room. Jasper stood, placing a hand on her back affectionately. Tori looked over her shoulder, meeting his eyes shyly.

"Thank you for the movie cowboy." Jasper grinned, nodding his head. Tori began to leave the room, turning back to face him once she reached the doorway.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Jasper smiled, nodding once again. Tori grinned, slipping out the room.

A few seconds passed before she shifted back in front of the doorway. A sheepish/shy smile adorning her face. Jasper raised an eyebrow expectedly.

"C-can I text you later? Can we text?" She stutted out. Jasper vamp-sped towards her, placing a hand underneath her chin, guiding her lips to meet his for a quick kiss all within a second.

"Go." He whispered, rubbing his nose against hers before letting go. Tori more of less drifted out the room and down the hall, her head spinning and heart fluttering. Her hand coming to touch her lips where the cold feeling lingered.

What was this man doing to her...