||08||

"Following, following, following to you,

The map that leads to you..." - Maps by Maroon 5

Cugina/o = Cousin                                         Piccolina/o - Little one

Tori's POV:

The weekend had rolled by quicker than expected so I was more than happy to spend my time lounging around on my sofa, a comedy TV series playing in the background and my unfinished essay on the table in front of me.

"Come on Lady Macbeth, give me something to work with here." I spoke to my page. After studying the same subject at least a dozen times, you would think it would get easier...

I sighed dramatically, dropping my pen onto the coffee table in front of me.  Adventuring into the kitchen, I reached into the cupboard grabbing a glass and filling it with water. I walked back to the living room sitting back in my position between the lilac cushions. As I went to grasp my pen, I was left with an empty space. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, looking to see only my essay and glass of water on the table. I grunted in frustration, bending to look under the table. 

"I guess Lady Macbeth doesn't want me to write about her tragic marriage." With no luck I crawled back out, looking up at the TV see a random channel playing, definitely not what I had put on myself...

"What the-"

A loud thump sounded from upstairs, I sprinted to the noise at an inhuman speed arriving in my bedroom in seconds. I scanned the room suspiciously, instantly noticing a few books from the shelves on the floor in a heap. Before I could even think how they had found themselves on the floor, a slow creak of a hinge opening downstairs caught my sensitive ears. I growled unconsciously as I sped back down to the lounge room. The large window on the far side of the room was wide open, the lilac curtains flowing from the salty breeze of the beach air, just outside the window. 

Just as I reached the window, a frighteningly loud high pitch sound pierced my ears. I gasped in surprise before my face twisted into one of pain, my hands helplessly clasping over my ears to block the sound. I inhaled heavily my knees bending as the pain overwhelmed me. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I span around quickly. My breath left my lungs as an invisible force aggressively pushed me forward onto the sofa, my face squishing into the cushions. I snarled sitting up instantly, my chest heaving with anger. My eyes wide and frightened as glowed gold, enhancing my ears to anticipate the next attack.

Broad, smooth-skinned arms wrapped around my chest from behind gently. A warm chest pressing against my back from behind the sofa. I sighed heavily as I felt warm breath brushing against my neck, a heavy head resting on my right shoulder.

"Tori, babyyyyy!"  A deep, familiar voice rang in my ears. A smile stretched onto my face instantly.

"Forte...did you have to make such an entrance?" My heart buzzed with happiness despite my complaining. At the sound of his throaty laugh, tears sprung to my eyes. I sprang over the back of the sofa, burying my face into his chest and wrapping my arms around his waist tightly.