||16||

"Stop, look and listen baby, that's my philosophy!" - Rubberneckin' by Elvis Presley

(Really really really recommend playing this song ^^ when the time comes, might be hard to imagine to scene without it playing in the background!)

Tori Cabaletta awoke early the next day, the events of yesterday still playing in her mind. She had fell asleep in such a joyous mood, her time with her family all together had filled her with a sense of happiness she hadn't felt in so long. She thought back to her day with her friends, she truly had found her place here in Forks, with Tyler and Eric there was never-ending laughter, Angela and Bella kept her grounded to the earth and provided her with stable trustworthy company. And then there was the Cullens...

Tori wasn't afraid to say Alice was the sister she never had, she filled her with joy and excitement whenever they were together and her positivity flowed right through Tori. Emmett was a funny guy, his boyish charm and cocky exterior made him a fun character to be around and Tori truly enjoyed his presence. Rosalie had yet to warm up to the brown-skinned girl, but her fierce barricade was slowly crumbling as she let the girl entertain her with the wittiness. Then there was Jasper - The southern vampire who made her heart leap out of her chest whenever he said her name, his touch was heavenly and his presence made her feel as if everything was right in the world. Tori had yet to figure it out, but Jasper was her safety lock, her stable safe happy place, he kept her looking forward to each passing day - and that was a gift highly appreciated by an immortal, every day blurring into one after awhile.

With these thoughts swirling around in her mind, Tori set out bright and early the next day. She was determined to confess her insecurities to the family in hopes it would clear the air and set things back to how they were before. The tension between her and Edward was pointless and unwanted. Edward had regretted his actions the moment he said opened his mouth and Tori had forgiven him the same night, guilt eating away at her for the stunt she performed on the school trip. The usually chipper and happy girl was not used to dark, negative emotions and hadn't learnt to control them whenever they expressed themselves - it wasn't in her nature to be violent or cruel.

Tori felt slightly nervous as she trudged through the woods, the wind blowing her straightened hair around wildly. Her boots gripped onto the clumps of mud as she climbed a slight heel, not breaking a sweat. The air was cold today, much to Tori's disappointment, she was forced to cover her skin with a pair of tights and a black long sleeved sweater, covered by a black sun and moon printed dress. She preferred to show a little skin with most of her outfits, enjoying the feel of the wind brushing against her exposed skin. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Forte had insisted she wore a coat this morning to which Tori had laughed at and told me to check who he was speaking to. Tori, wearing a coat? Don't be silly...

Tori's eyes landed on the large, glass mansion the Cullens called a house... With a heavy breath, she concealed her rapidly beating heart, not wanting to alarm the Cullens of a human being around their grounds... being around Jasper. Tori finally reached the end of the extremely long driveway, hesitating to knock as she reached the door. Her eyebrows rose in confusion when she noticed the door was slightly open, just by a few inches by definitely enough for Tori to see. She smiled, shaking her head in amusement. Alice...